I have a dilemma. Do I gain the same benefits if I spin at little or no resistance at high speed, as I would get by spinning with resistance at a lower speed? I would like to know if those two workouts are the same. If not, what is the best cadence to develop cycling endurance?

No, they are not. They are essentially different. They all have their role in cyclist’s overall form. How ever they serve to different purposes. If you want to develop a nice pedal stroke and improve your aerobic capacity then you should go for the high cadence (100 rpm and even higher). On the other hand, low cadence (50-60 rpm) cycling, against a big resistance, will help you to develop muscular endurance and cycling-specific power. If you want to build endurance, then you can shoot somewhere in the middle, about 75-80 rpm. It's easy enough so you are able to maintain the intensity for 30, 45, or even 60 minutes while at the same time it's difficult enough to make your body adapt and grow stronger.