I have been congested for the last couple days and all of a sudden I woke up with a little sore on my left tonsil. It is a little swollen with some white spots on it and a little on the right, but the right one is not swollen or sore. I can scrape off the white spots but when I do I see blood too. Is this just irritated from me being so congested and post nasal drip or is it more? If more, why did it just appear all of a sudden and why is it only on one side?

Heya, I know I'm a little late in responding but being congested and having a lot of extra mucus running down the back of your throat is whats causing the white spots on your tonsils. When you still have your tonsils and combine it with having post nasal drip, you create a wicked combination that creates what we call "tonsilloliths" or more commonly known as tonsil stones.

Hey!

I have the same thing, except my spots are directly on my throat. I have post nasal drip constantly and both of my tonsils are very swollen. If I try to scrape the spots off, they bleed very easily.

My tonsils are very big and sore and this morning i went to brush my teeth I saw more white stuff on my golf ball size tonsils. So i thought i should google tonsils with white spots that are bleeding and this came site came up. I you guys helped me and made me not panic = D thank you