EXPLAINS IN TITLE** there also is a lump above on the left of the dangly thing the size of a pea. It has been like this for 3 12 weeks, and is quite sore.. Help?:

I couldn't tell in your post if it is 3 weeks or 12 weeks, but it sounds like strep throat if there are white patches present.  Do you have a sore throat?  Do you have the chills or fever?  Are your glands swollen as well?  With strep throat, you would have all of these plus a possible headache and belly ache.  You should go to the doctor to be checked out as strep throat can lead to more serious problems.  Additionally, you are contagious for 2 to 3 weeks with it so you don't want to transfer it to your family and others.  The doctor will put you on an antibiotic to clear this up.

3 and a half weeks x it is not strep throat x its either a really massive abcess behind my tonsil, a cancerous tonsillar tumor or a weird type of tonsillitus, i was not clear about the red spots, they are all ( like 5) on my actual lump thing just a bit behind the bit that's my tonsil x????? Its a dull ish pain when swallowing and it all started after i thelrew up five times and had a headache and has tingly legs for a week and coildent walk and had fever, that was two weeks ago, before Christmas i was. Meant to have my free flu jab becaus i have asthma but in afraid of needles but since then i have not been well completely for about3 months x

It doesn't sound like something that will go away on its own if it is still present after 3 weeks. You had better see the doctor for it in case it's something serious. You want to get it taken care of before it potentially spreads. Let me know what the doctor says.

I will let you know x what in your personal opinion do you think it is likely to be though?x

My personal opinion would be that it is infected. I am neglected to say earlier, that the part you are describing sounds more like the uvula since the tonsils are on either side of the entry to the pharynx (throat). I think you may still need antibiotics but the doctor will be able to actually see your uvula and decide on the course of treatment.

Do you think i should be going to school like this?x

I would say "no," until you get checked out first.

he doc gave me 259mg penncilin twice four times a day and just said it was an infection spreading backwards and she never stated what the tonsil bit was or anything it could of been something wrong with my foot for all she knew god..T

I hope the antibiotic clears it up! :) Nice that she doesn't let you know the diagnosis... geesh! She probably didn't know herself...

i know right!x since coming home it has spread to thecback of my throat and have becaume more raised lumps on my tonsil, a few lumps are also in and around the tonsillar cavity at the other side, but that tonsil isent swollen or inflamed like the other one xx ibam slightly worried about it even though ibhave seen a doctor although gormless x

Give the antibiotic a chance to work... It may be 3 days before you see a difference.