so i started taking the pills yesterday and i keep bleeding a tiny tiny bit or like little clumps of blood just come out when i pee. is this normal? and i forgot the name i’ll have to check. i also messed up because i was supposed to take my pill at 3 o’clock today then later again at 9, but i couldn’t take it at 3 because i hadn’t eaten at all. (as for the antibiotics i’ll double check the name quickly)

alright it’s called nitrofurantoin. can antibiotics mess up your periods because as you know i’m due but i haven’t yet started. though i keep having period symptoms such as lower back pain, mood swings/feeling emotional, feeling sick (which is also due to the antibiotics), tender breasts, etc. is the timing really bad?

Health Guru
I take it you mean in your urine the blood was? After looking up that brand of antibiotics side effects it does mention that happening in the list so I would say it's normal unless you notice it getting a lot worse. If you miss taking one don't worry just carry on taking the next when that's due.
The period symptoms could be because of the high hormone dose that's in the morning after pill, antibiotics should affect your period that will be more to do with the emergency contraception.

i started my period so everything’s fine. i have one more pill to take but they are making me feel very sick. but it’s okay it’ll be over soon haha. i think the little amount of blood in my urine was just because of my period. thank you for your help!

Health Guru
Your welcome, an if you need any more help feel free to ask as always happy to help if I can ☺

it won’t let me attach a photo but the inside of my vagina has kinda swollen up and is all white. it was very painful during sex today. now it feels all irritated and a little itchy. it’s also a little red around the entrance of my vagina. i don’t have weird cottage cheese like discharge and it doesn’t smell either. what could this be?

Health Guru
Make yourself an account and private message me, I still think it sounds like a yeast infection that's what is causing the skin irritation, you don't always get the normal symptoms of cottage cheese discharge sometimes it can just feels sore and look red.

i reckon it’s vaginitis because the folds of my vagina are also swollen a little (almost covering my vagina if that makes sense)

Health Guru
Do you have any kind of unusual discharge at the moment, vaginitis you normally get an unpleasant smelling discharge and pain when you pee, when you say the folds of your vagina do you mean your labia minora because the term vagina only really covers the opening and internal cavity.

no abnormal discharge no and only a little painful when peeing but that’s barely happened recently. yeah i mean the labia majora and minora

Health Guru
Abnormal discharge, odour and pain or burning when your peeing are distinct symptoms of vaginitis but you hardly have any of them symptoms that's why I think it's more of an external yeast infection causing it, when you say it was painful having sex was the pain coming from around the entrance of the vagina or from inside the vagina and are your labia still swollen or red?

hey sorry for the late reply. my symptoms include: abnormal discharge (changes everyday), no odor, pain especially when you firmly touch around the vulva and both the labia minora and majors, it’s started burning when peeing this morning but not other times. my vagina isn’t extremely red i would say it’s more of a normal pinky colour. the only way i can describe it is that when looking at the entrance of my vagina you can clearly see that it’s swollen a bit inside and there’s white liquidy discharge around it. when we had sex i’m pretty sure it hurt more around the entrance than the inside. i have a feeling that the abtibiotics i took got rid of the urine infection but also made things worse down there. it’s all just stressing me out and i don’t want to keep going to the doctors because the whole process stresses me out more hahaha

it won’t let me attach a photo but i found smth similar looking to my problem online: 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** explicit and graphic content*** Please read our Terms of Use

Health Guru

That's fine don't worry just reply when you can. Vaginitis and thrush are both a kind of yeast infection one being more internal and one more external what I think you have, if you go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist then they should be able to help you with an over the counter treatment normally a cortisone cream to apply that should reduce the infection.
The only way you can send pics on here is to upload them to a file share or storage site like Dropbox then post a link to the file like that but I'm sure you wouldn't want everyone to see your vulva so it would need to be done through private message (members only) so it's up to you but would be more help to actually see and compare to what that site shows.
Hope this is helpful

ignore the massive paragraph and herpes stuff, just the images