it’s pretty normal, it’s just a normal pinkish colour, nothing too extreme or bright red. can a yeast infection go away on its own or do i have to take antibiotics? and are there any home remedies if so? i’ve also got flu like symptoms again but i was ill a couple of days ago so i’m not sure if that has anything to do with it

Health Guru

It can look normal with a yeast infections an not even any discharge just irritation, antibiotics are the last thing you need to take because they will kill off the good bacteria in the vagina that should keep the yeast fungus away.
Antibiotics will only act on bacterial infections an not fungal infections.
You haven't started using any new products like detergents of fabric softener or a different soap/shower gel to wash with?

so bad odor is normal with a yeast infection right? i’ve always been using the palmolive shower gel, no specific vag soap

Health Guru
That can be another sign of a yeast infections yes, and it would be very unusual for it to go with out some kind of treatment so I would advise you to go to your Dr and get checked out.

yeah i’m pretty sure it is a yeast infection as well as a urine infection as my pee has bad odor n my lower right abdomen hurts and is kind of swollen (my whole lower abdomen is swollen to be fair). i’m just worried because what if it’s an ovarian cyst? i’m sorry for asking so many questions and bothering you i’m just very worried

Health Guru
It's fine ask away if it puts your mind at ease,mostly ovarian cysts will go unnoticed and only get detected through excruciating pain or during a scan or a regular check up with the gynecologist so I don't think it will be that, my advice would be to drink plenty of water and to make an appointment to see your Dr for treatment.

i’m not sure if i actually have UTI, i’ve had symptoms on and off for the past 5-7 days such as smelly pee, burning whilst peeing has only happened once maybe twice, my vulva/labia is now feeling more itchy and irritated, i now need to pee more often. but these are very very irregular and the more water i drink the less my pee smells/doesn’t smell at all. as soon as i think i’m okay, something pops up again. the only thing that happens the most is the smelly pee??

my vagina has gone slightly red and feels irritated which i think is because of the palmolive shower gel?

Health Guru
The simple reason the more you drink the less it smells is because it diluted down more, just drinking more won't actually do anything to cure a UTI/bladder infection it will just lessen the symptoms, have you used Palmolive shower gel before an iv so did if give any reactions then?
I still think you will find it's most likely a yeast infection if it seems to be getting worse.

yeah that’s true. and yeah i’ve always used the palmolive shower gel and it was always fine. i did go and buy a non scented vaginal wash today though so i’m going to see how that works. i’ve been drinking cranberry juice as that supposedly helps? i’ll also be seeing my gp soon. thank you for your help

Health Guru
In that case I wouldn't think the shower gel is the cause, there is another thing you can try an that's vagisil cream specially for feminine irritation. Cranberry juice is supposed to be good for UTI's and help clean the system so see how it goes but make sure you continue drinking it for at least a week after all symptoms have gone, without actually being able to see an just go by descriptions makes it hard to say that's why it's always best to also go an see your doctor.
Let me know how things go with what your trying and what your go says, an your welcome always good to help.

i went to my gp today and got given antibiotics and also took a urine test which i will be getting the results of soon. i’ve only just started taking the pill but i’m already starting to feel a little better. i do still have kidney pains kind of but it isn’t too bad. what i’m mostly stressed about is being pregnant but i’m due on my period so if i don’t start by the end of this week i’ll take a pregnancy test

Health Guru
Antibiotics should sort any UTI or kidney infections out but could also make a yeast infections flare up as I said before it will normally take about 3 days for antibiotics to get into the system and start to work, even though your period should be due this week because you took the morning after pill it could delay it or you may not even get one as that sometimes happens too.

oh right i didn’t know i could miss my period because of the morning after pill. i’ll take a test just in case haha otherwise i’m going to be paranoid. yeah i’ve been given 6 tablets (one to be taken twice a day).

Health Guru
It could just delay your period and it normally takes several months again for your cycle to regulate it's self again as well, what are the 6 tablets for that you have been given?