Over the past couple weeks I've noticed that there is a white infection or whatever on my foreskin.

I looked for symptoms of yeast infection, and it's not usually itchy, and it doesn't cause any kind of discomfort, just the phimosis. I can only assume that the white-stuff is the cause of the phimosis because I did not have phimosis before it appeared. The white-stuff does not wipe off at all, and I am getting concerned that it could get worse and cause more of a problem.

I don't want to make an appointment with my doctor, because I am nervous/shy, so I figured I should post here, and hopefully get an answer. Is there anything I can try to help get rid of it?

I greatly appreciate anything you can tell me.

Good day there.

The first thing -  you really should make an apportionment with your doctor. That condition of yours, because you are nervous should not prolong this.  We can help you by giving you some advice, but we can't heal you. Neither you can. There are so many phimosis causes and that is why you should visit your doctor to help you determine which one is in your condition. Generally, that white stuff that you can see is called smegma. It is a combination of a waxy oil and dead skin cells and it has a purpose to keep your foreskin soft and flexible while at the same time trapping any foreign particles. Don't try to scrap it. You can hurt yourself. You can fill a bathtub with water, and then you should pull your foreskin back and soak it for 10 or 20 minutes. Wash it with antibacterial soap. This might help, but it is not a final solution. 

Hi Guest:

If you have white patches on your foreskin that are preventing retraction, you may have a disease called balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO).

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use