Hi. I'm a 15-year-old boy. About 4 months ago my foreskin well and I had some red patches on my glans. I think it was balanoposthitis. However, it recurred after two weeks. Then I started to wash my penis every day with water and it didn't recur anymore. About 2 months ago though, I got some red spots on my glans during a course of antibiotics for a infection caused by toenail. I had to have another course after about 2 weeks from this and it recurred again. I don't know how long the white ring has been present, but I've been worried about it for a week now. The tip of foreskin looks maybe a little red and when I start to pull the foreskin back, the ring is present from stretching. I'm not sure what it is, but I've read that many rings like this are hard on the surface, but mine's smooth like normal foreskin tissue. It's a little uncomfortable to keep my foreskin retracted when erect, but nothing serious. It retracts just fine while flaccid. I'm really worried that the ring would be scar tissue from the previous infections (or retracting while the foreskin was tight during them), but I'm not sure what scar tissue would be supposed to look like. I've also read that a "secondary" phimotic ring would only tighten, but I don't know if that's true. I'm not sure if it's a phimotic ring either, because it doesn't prevent me from retracting the foreskin. This condition is not causing me any problems right now , the red spots haven't recurred either - I'm just really worried about scar tissue and the ring. The internet seems to be full of different opinions on this subject and I don't want to lose my foreskin. What could this be? I'm really concerned.

Oh and I also want to mention that I was started given testosterone shots for delayed puberty 4 months ago - my penis has seem to be grown a little since then, at least the foreskin covers less of the penis. I wonder if the tightness and white ring could be a result of the penis growing faster than foreskin.

Hey there I think you are in the right track with most of your thinking. I can't say for sure because I can't see/feel the ring but it sounds like it could be a phemotic ring.  Not all rings are severe some just make your foreskin a little tight and can loosen with some stretching exercises... Others are so tight you cannot even see the glans (head) of the penis at all.  I think you will be ok..... It could also be tighter because your penis is growing faster than your foreskin.... As for the red dots. If they appeared when taking antibiotics it could be a yeast infection.... Antibiotics sometimes kill off the "good" bacteria as well as the bad and when that happens yeast can take over and cause an infection.... If you condition has improved I would not  worry about it.... Also mak sure to pull back your foreskin and wash your penis daily... Does this make sense?

Thanks for the answer! I think the dots appeared due to the antibiotics, they haven't recurred after the last course of antibiotics. Foreskin hasn't got tighter either, I remember it being really tight during the infection 4 months ago and I'm not sure if it returned fully to its original state afterwards, but if I remember correctly, it hasn't got tighter since then. I'll probably keep an eye on it if it'll get tighter, but I really have to work with not analyzing myself too much, though... Many times I lose sleep because of worrying about health issues.

Hey there I compleatly understand overthinking and worrying..... It's easy to do and usually trying to look things up online makes it worse because all the main medical sites say you probably have cancer..... I would not worry as long as you keep practicing good hygiene and keeping your foreskin/penis clean. Also do you perform testicular self exams at all?

Hi. I've managed not to worry so much lately, fortunately and it hasn't gotten tighter, either. However, I've read about BXO and I'm a little worried. I've read that a BXO ring is hardened, dry etc., but mine is smooth and feels like normal skin and I'm pretty sure the ring has been present pretty long, I just haven't paid attention to it before. Should I be worried about BXO? On the other hand, the best thing to do would probably be to stop Googling about these things as they only make me worry more.

Yes, I do perform testicular self-exams regularly and haven't noticed anything concerning, luckily.

Ok I'm glad things are improving and I agree I would cut back on the googling and save yourself some anxiety lol

Hey I gotta question

Hey it's Biomajor I just did not log in.... what's your question?