Should I feel guilty or stupid or not female enough for not wearing any make-up? I am 19 and all of my friends are already using make-up on everyday basis. I myself, don’t know how to do it, and I don’t feel like doing it every morning when I would wake up or every evening before going out! Is there anything wrong with me?

Hi there! I can totally relate to your story! I am just the same and I used to fuss about it but not anymore. Some girls are just not born with/for this! I am also not good at applying make up, or doing my hair, the only thing I can do is polish my nails. I don’t have the nerves to stand in front of a mirror and do myself pretty. I do apply some make up when going out and on special occasions I pay for someone to do it for me. What can I do-I have no talent for it. Some people say it comes with years of practice but I am not so sure. I don’t think you should be stressing a lot, it’s not worth it! It is just the way it is!

I feel the same way. I don't wear make up unless I'm dressed up, most times even then I don't. My boyfriend says he doesn't care I don't wear it, because he likes natural beauty instead of something someone has made themselves out to be. I've actually talked to guy that I'm friends with and they all seem to think no make up is some how sexy. So personally I think you're on the right track. Plus, think about what your skin will look like in 30 years compared to the girls who wear it.

Hi - I don't wear makeup either. I went through a bit of a phase where I wore a bit of mascara and lippy but I get itchy eyes and I would forget the mascaqra was there and rub them!! the lippy made my lips very dry and so I just stopped. I only did it thinking it would make me feel better about myself but beauty comes from within and shines without. My husband doesn't like makeup either as he also thinks it makes people look like something they're not. He believes in natural beauty - not looks but who the person is. That is what is important and truly is real beauty.

A la natural....

Hi. I just wanted to tell you that there is nothing wrong or anormal in not wearing makeup. I dnt like doing it myself and have always been this way. My friends are so dependent on makeup. There is no one day when they have not done it or not one time that they actually forgot their makeup kit in their bag. Thay dnt care if they forgot some other important document like ID or bankcard, but NOT the makeup kit! I do very little makeup only when going clubbing or on my nights out and the bf also appreciates the natural look I have. He says he met and liked me the way I am and not the way I want to look! I think thats so kind and honest of him! And yes, I also am a total loser when it comes to doing makeup, so its my kid sister who dies it for me when I need some! :-) Dnt let this upset you!

Yeah ladies it doesn't matter if u r wearing makeup or now , the main point is HOW YOU BEHAVE or how u wear wutever u have, makeup isn't an essential thing if u r a lady :-) basically u should have enough confidence in urself to face the situations and feel good in urself,, in fact natural beauty attracts more than artifical one :-)
So, don't bother - eat good, speak good & be happy (y)

I'm for both. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a little make up, equally I'm all for wearing none at all. I am very confident in myself without it, but I still like to wear it every so often because I enjoy putting it on and experimenting. I certainly don't pile it on. I think people should be able to feel confident without it though, because that's how you naturally are. But I don't think you're being something you're not by wearing it, because you're still the same person! With or without make up.

I'm 19, too, and I hate wearing make up. I don't wear it at all hardly. Sometimes I'll wear it if me and my BF are going out, but not much. It's not weird to not like make up.

No! I'm 20- and i DO use makeup and do my hair up regularly BUT i do have a few friends who dont. AND SHOULDNT. They look perfect fine and more importantly, they look THEM. Don't feel the pressure.
If for any reason you wanted to doll up a little just swipe on some dark brown or black mascara and tinted lip balm. absolutely foolproof. easy on the mascara, 2 or 3 runs through each lash no more.

Thanks for the question...I love the responses!

I stopped wearing make-up for about 6+ years in my 20's. It suited me. My attitude has changed, somewhat, and I take a little more time before leaving the house (2-3 minutes tops) to apply mascara, eyeliner, and blush (just in the winter). Accenting the eyes is simple and can give depth to the face.

I've been challenged to consider make-up simply b/c when one wears make-up, one tends to feel different. Today, I've noticed that I step a bit differently when I'm "done up" as opposed to not.

NOTE: I use Burt's Bees Lemon Poppy Seed Facial Cleanser to remove the eyeliner and mascara every night. It exfoliates AND has natural oils that blend into the skin.

I think that wearing makeup, or not wearing makeup is a personal choice. Whatever makes you happy!

I never used to wear much in my teens... mascara and clear lip gloss hear and there. But I started to wear much more in college- mainly because I have a lot of redness on my nose, and I get blotchy skin. I dont like the way that I look without an even skin tone, so I try to achieve that with makeup.

But I must say, eventually you become accustomed to what you look like with it, and when you stop wearing it, it is easy to feel unattractive. I guess the point is, that if you DO decide to wear makeup, wear it because you want to- but don't let it change your attitude towards your natural appearance. We are all beautiful, and life isn't about how we look. It is who we are.

i totally think that makeup is a waste of time not only does it cost a lot of monney, but people wear it for false reasons, from what ive heard all my guy friends are more interested in girls that are against wearing makeup, i think the reason so many people now adays are so adicted to wearing makeup is the advertising put across by all celevrities and other people that are looked up to, in my school, there are only about four other students that don't wear makeup, and to tell you the truth, they are the best looking and get the most attention from the guys

Its not weird at all not to wear make up unlike everyone replying I am a regular make-up wearer I wear make up everyday n do my hair everyday get my nails done frequently but not because its the normal thing to do I jus like it Im overly girly I think...lol But yeah u shouldnt be worried about make-up some like it some dont not a biggie

You should never feel any less of a woman just because you chose not to wear makeup. Make up is merely a 'mask'. Woman like to wear it to make themselves feel pretty, confident, express their individuality etc...which is just fine as well. But if you dont feel you want to wear makeup...as it can be quite a routine in the morning,.,...then thats fine. you are beautiful just how you are..makeup or not!
As one member said.. melanie i beleive....its a personal choice, whatever makes you happy.

hey i'm a 14 and i'm a girl...i have really never wore alot of make...i touch my lips with lipliner and the only time i really dress up and wear alot of make is helloween for my little cuzins and the kids i babysit...any other time all you see me with is my nails done...my boyfriend doesn't really care that i don't wear make up i don't even think he notices that i don't wear it...all the girls that i hang around feel "naked" without there make up...and guess think when i'm 40 something and my face is still what i call perfect for me...all the girls around me will need more make up....i told alot of my really really close friends some of the dangers make up can cause if you use to much...now me and my friends only where it to weddings and when we need to have something on our eyes or lips...but nothing else... and what makes me feel better is i have never had skin problems and the only time when i break out is when i am over stressed and it goes away after alittle while