Out of nowhere I got 3 pimples above my top lip. They made the hair on my mustache hurt. I plucked the hair that was entering the pimple. The pimples wouldnt go away. I got an antibiotic from the doctor to treat infection. After a couple days the pimples were nearly gone. One pimple remained... It hurt really bad... .. again I plucked the hair that was entering the direct middle of the pimple.. after I did this .. my lip instantly became very puffy and swollen. Its been swollen all day. I went back to the doctor and was given a cream to put on it. Lets hope this works.

Any idea what could have caused this or what it is ?

It was probably a foliculitis-an inflammation of the ingrown hair. They may or may not contain bacteria, it probably had contained some bacteria since antibiotics helped.

I reckon they would have went away without antibiotics unless you picked them all the time and spread the inflammation all over your mustache or face.

The swelling was probably because of the plucking. It would have gone away if you applied some ice or something.

Anyway, it was very smart you went to a doctor. They always have the best solutions for such problems. I know this because my dermatologist always gives me just the thing I needed.

omg i have 3 pimples in my non seen area...my husband wont even have sex with me, because of this. what should i do..i tried pro-active, it helped jessica simpson.