I just found out I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and I am addicted to heroin (IV use daily) I have read that quitting can lead to miscarriage due to my fetus withdrawing inside my womb. I can't tell my boyfriend, family, or dr that I've been using because none of them know I relapsed. I also do not want my baby born to methadone or suboxone. What are the chances I quit and my baby lives, rather than do a maintenance program and have my baby born addicted to methadone or suboxobe? WILL quitting kill my fetus? I have suboxone I can use to ease the withdrawals but only enough for a couple of days. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! [pregnant.addicted.scared]

well this was over a year ago and i'm so deeply sorry no one responded to help you. Would love to hear your choice and how it affected your baby.
here's some late advice: I think that consulting with a doctor would've been the best choice to go with, as they will help ween you off the heroin in a way that will least harm your baby. If its done early enough it could also prevent your baby being born addicted...