If you had to choose, which would you pick?

Speed. As in Boston BQ.

Having run 4 marathons...I have no desire whatsoever to run FARTHER than 26.2 miles.

However, it would be nice to run 26.2 faster.

Someday, someway, it's gonna happen.

BQ as in Boston Qualifying?

I went with speed. I never broke the 5 minute mile like i had hoped (came close before injuries set in), never broke 30 minutes for 5 miles. I want to go faster!

I also need training.

Distance, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Do you really need to ask me this?

(Distance of course!)

I feel the need, the need for speed.

BQ speed, but I think I need to let my age group come to me...like Males 70-74 2031 Boston Marathon, here I come

Definitely speed. And not as in BQ. No real desire to run a full marathon. 15 & 16 mile runs while training for a half about killed me.

Smash security cameras in public by throwing rocks and bricks at them and spray painting over their lens so they can't see. This is easier if the camera is low enough to reach it. I go out usually a couple of hours past midnight to desable security cameras. They are everwhere in my town. They are watching me whenever I go into my local petrol station, since there are at least 5 on the outside wall and they're all around inside the petrol station shop, too! GRRR! SO ANNOYING I HATE THEM!! Also, that's not all. I often go to the Hungry Jack's or MacDonald's to eat lunch or dinner. I go by myself. There are flipping cctv cameras everywhere. I have no fricking privacy, the damned things are looking at me wherever I go! I usually park in the Hungry Jack's carpark and as I walk over, I see several security cams mounted all over the wall, seeing everthing I do. It is so irritating. Then, when I go into Hungry Jacks for lunch, they are all around. I sometimes sit outside under the veranda eating diner alone, it is dark, and there are about three of the bloody cameras all under the veranda roof, ogling me as I try to enjoy my food. I once got so angry, that I drove back to my house, (which is abouot one street away from Hungry Jacks), made a mixture of peanut butter and wood glue, drove back again, stood on a chair and smeared the paste all over the camera lens.
I also get highly annoyed that there are cameras mounted on poles near street intersections all around my neighbourhood. I cannot avoid them seeing me when I drive past. There are about three on each pole, and they are those long, white ones that are usually pointing down at the road. Here is my plan. I am going to go out at night, with my catapolt, which I've practiced using, and shoot down every fricking camera I see. Ones at the petrol station, under shop verandas, by the traffic lights, and MacDonald's and Hungry Jacks, and everywhere I go. CCTV HERE I COME!!!

I'll be there with you Alan!

Speed makes me wanna :puke:

Distance for me...I'm more of a long-distance runner in build and preference rather than short distance

Distance, my cost/minute at races is much lower ;)

Both.

But I know I will never be a speed demon. I will, however, run a 100 ultra in 2004. :umno:

No sh*t!!! That rocks, which one are you doing??? I wanna do Leadville someday (but not 2004 :umno: )