16 All alone; I wish it to be different. I only hang out with my mom and dad and their friends really. I had brain surgery in 2007; I have residual effects like decreased gait and slow motor movements. I still walk good, you know? In school, Im a gregarious guy, I make girls and guys laugh, but they will never hang out with me. They dont say no just make excuses. I haven't really had a night/ day out with friends for 5 years (whole HS career; it makes me cry when I say it out loud. Before, I had tons of friends to hang out with. I hate this isolation. It causes desperation. Even more messed up is the friends that use to hang with me, don't. Any help plz.

Hey dude, tried to send you some links but moderator Bobby N. wasn't about to have any of that. So, trying again:

Yesterday, watched a really good TED talk by Jane McGonigal about how gaming can make a better world. I suggestion to find the youtube video on your own so this post doesn't get deleted.

Furthermore, my post was likely deleted because I tried to link you to a relatively new online support group dealing with oneness, equality and self-honesty. I wish you the best. And don't worry, your true friends will come forth in time.

I just want social interaction. When I had this before the surgery, its the best thing in the world.

Matttm: Honey love, consider yourself to be blessed dear that you made it through, with the abilities that you do have. You are truly a lucky individual who have been given another chance to hold onto your life love. I am 25 so believe it or not, being 16 seemed like yesterday for me. (Trust me...this stage you are at WILL NOT MATTER in a few years). Hun, I know it may be hard, but maybe consider yourself lucky to be blessed with the ability to see who truly matters and cares about you. For when it really matters, your mom, dad and their friends who love you, are the only ones in this world who cares. TRUST ME, some of those friends of yours who you wish you were hanging out with instead of your parents, wish that they had parents and family support, the seem way you wish you had friends. But of the two, which one do you think matters the most in life. (I think you have experienced this already).

I was popular in high school. FYI: we don't usually turn out to well....I know you've heard this before. I am one of the few who pushed through, and now I'm making a life for myself in grad school. But for the many former popular kids who didn't, life for them is far more despairing and depressing. Just think, you are a popular kid in school with lots of friends; but when you go home, you have no mother, no father available for advice, to counsel, or to just hang with? Then think if (God forbids) something life changing happens; just like it did to you, and then you find out that you didn't really have friends, and that you don't have parents around who have the time to devote to you. TRUST ME it sucks.

I was fortunate, and got everything I wanted in high school. And because of it, I had a lot of friends. But my mom or dad was never around. I am in grad school, and they still are not around. I wish I had parents who loved me so much that they put all else on the back burner to comfort me. I was molested, and my mom still valued work more than me and my feelings. So someone like me, a former popular kid, you never know what their households looks like. However, it sounds like you have rich family life filled with love and support. You do not want friends who aren't really your friends (because tey really aren't). Your family are your friends ok Matttm. I know it maybe hard to understand right now, but you seem to be mature, so I know you have some idea to what I speak of.

High school is merely a short period in the journey you have ahead of you. Just focus on creating the best you and true, genuine friends will gravitate towards you.

Cheer up love!
ps chanel

seriously, you'll be fine. refocus your self onto the relationship you have with yourself. This is a bit dense, so just scroll down to #6 and see if you can make sense of it http://desteni.org/a/aliayea-the-subconscious-to-conscious-gridline-placement-within-human-s-minds