Hello my son has hodgkins lymphoma- diagnosed in August of this year and he has already undergone 3 cycle of ABVE-PC and still has to go thru one more cycle and then 14 days of radiation-- he is what they have termed as an early responder since his nodes have shrunk almost 80% since the start.But when I look at him - it hurts me to see him so drained- and even grouchy at times- I try my best to hang out with him and keep him comopany- my wife has even taken a leave of absence from her job to stay home with him. I just need some support because I really want him to go back to school this January as the doctors say he will and resume a normal happy healthy life that all 19 year olds should.It is just so tough for me as a dad to watch this---also we are going to a local childrens hospital - and the care there is great except that the physician we have seems to be away more than not- she is either in conference at conventions or doing research and during the past recent jewish religious holidays we did not see her for about 10 days-- and when we told our oncology nurse that we needed to see a doctor and that we had no way of contacting ours and did not know where she was- they got the head of the department to see us- and boy she must have REEMED our doctor afterwards- and on our last visit- she seemed pretty peeved at us for getting the administator involved-- even though we did not- ask for her it just happened that way--and her answer was- well I told you that you could have called the "fellow" or attending???But she is my sons doctor- and we trust her first and foremost and not to hear from her for so long??? If she thinks that parenst with children who have cancer is not an "EMERGENCY" then she is very much mistaken- every day is an emergency-she should have had beter bedside manner- -I bit my tongue and did not give it back to her- because the bottom line she is MY sons doctor - and he is fine with it- but if he was not there- it would have been WW3--- what would you do- in such a situation- I really need to feel comfortable with my sons caretaker- and being that he is so close to finishing treatment - what should we do??Please advise somewhat if you can :-(

I think that you should discuss the situation with the pshysician since obviously thsi has put a bad taste in your mouth and make sure that you're all on the same page and at least understanding each other. But at this point it would be a bad idea to not continue his treatment due to this issue. Does that help at all?