Could anyone humor me. my girlfriend already took a pregnancy test during her late 1 week period and the result say's negative but how come her period haven't shown up its already 2 weeks. and during our sex i was using condom properly. she doesn't feel bloated or nausea. it's already been a month since our last intercourse.

I feel for you - I hate to point out (to her) that anything you do after she may have conceived is 'safe' (if she has conceived already, and if not, provided you're using appropriate contraception). She may be concerned and fearful, so it's right to be appropriately tactful, and give her (and you) a chance to think this through.

Tests aren't perfect, nor are condoms (or any form of contraception - they all have failure rates - these days a combination of pill and condom seems to be the rage, no wonder western nations have a birth rate of approx 1.6, yes folks, we're dying off - go figure).

If she's only taken a home pregnancy test, or even if she's tested once, she may consider re-testing, at home or a clinic (clinic will presumably be more accurate).

Ultimately, testing is just that - an early indication of something that you should in any case be thinking about (or have thought about) and planning for. Babies happen despite everything, and while you and she may assume she can terminate, which is essentially true, you may both be surprised that she decides the baby is her life's biggest opportunity and she may decide to keep it.

How're your savings and job prospects holding up?

This is the scenario... please reply back...

My girlfriend and i had sex on august 31 and her last menstruation was august 30 she usually have 3 days of menstruation with dysmenorrhea. now the problem is that we had sex again on September 8 all was protected sex (condom) my concern is that after i felt almost ejaculating i remove my thing and went to the comfort room to check is there's any leakage in my protection good to say there's no leakage but still I'm having second thought's cause i saw a white sticky thing on her vagina after we did it. that's what I'm afraid about.

it's been 21 days since we did it and the past few days she said to me twice, she feels vomiting but she really didn't go for it.

is there a possibility that she may have delay in menstruation since we did it on the 8th and my biggest concern for it is that is she pregnant? please anyone out there comment on this. Confused

OK - some of the factors:

period on the 30th
sex on the 8th
all sex was with a condom
you believe the condom had no leak
you saw white stuff
she's two weeks late
she feels nausea
she tested negative within the 1st week of missed period

---

You've got some really mxed signals here, no wonder it's confusing:

pro-pregnancy:
sex on the 8th - not her peak fertility, but presumably within range
white stuff - if you were wrong about no leak, that is semen
she's late
she feels nausea

anti-pregnancy:
all sex was with a condom
you believe the condom had no leak
you saw white stuff - may have been merely 'frothed up' or creamy vaginal lubrication

Bottom line, not much use in retrospect, but if she turns out to be negative, going on the pill is going to dramatically improve (both) your peace of mind, though hint: it's easy to slip and forget, condom + pill = belt + braces

Right now, given the mixed signals, all you can really do is wait, test again (home, doctor or clinic) and wait some more.

Only when either her period arrives or she tests positive will you know for sure.

She has the right to terminate in the west (US, UK, Europe Canada) broadly speaking, but bear in mind she also has the right (if she is pregnant) to keep the baby. How you negotiate its upbringing and support is up to you, but be nice, the human race is depending on you!

And no, sex doesn't delay the period, except by pregnancy!

If it did, a lot of women would have extremely delayed periods!

More to the point, those are the women that nature will want to give regular periods to, since the period is renewing the uterus and providing a fresh egg, ready for all those keen-to-be-moms.

So no, whatever the reason for the delay, (hormones, stress, modification of birth control regime, whatever), simply having sex, other than the possible pregnancy, isn't the answer.

Thanks for clearing it up. yesterday she told me last week Saturday her boobs kinda hurts already. is it maybe her period is already coming? cause she usually complain of it before then she usually have her period.

and I'm planning to let her take another test. within this week. what brand? could you suggest the last time i used was Optima. %-)

Let her?

I trust you're joking.

It is one thing for you to be a 'concerned' partner, and you have every right to be concerned about your responsibilities in supporting a child, but 'let her' take a pregnancy test.

Just as well the post is anonymous, as I'd be sorely tempted to invite someone to interview her to ensure she was was free and able to make her own choices in her life.

It's her body, not yours. Your rights ended the moment you gave her your sperm. Everything she does now is entirely up to her, and you can only support her, abandon her, or break the law and coerce, threaten, or control her. It's your call.

And no, I cannot recommend what brand: take her to a doctor or clinic, better yet, send her on her own. At least then there might be some assurance you don't control everything in her life.

You aren't planning, you are controlling, and the issue is not yours to control.

What do you think my percentage of getting her pregnant? . %-)

Actually I'm not controlling her Sir. I'm supporting her. I'm also scared if she get pregnant that's why. and whatever she ask me to do. I usually do it. I'm just clearing it all up. cause I'm super confused and freaking out. taking her to the clinic is quite hard. %-)

As to your percentage of getting her pregnant, I quite agree with you that it's two cells, 50:50, but if you look at the size of the sperm (tiny) and size of the egg (huge), that's approximately your rights vs a woman's rights in the matter of a child. We lay, we pay, they keep the baby. It doesn't matter what we think, especially about the financial responsibility, but her physical body and well-being are unequivocally hers, in any western country, and the law will take her side every time.

As to your second post, I accept that.

If you're doing your best for her, as you see it, then good for you. Many men would run, not care, or do whatever they do. I hope you'll continue to look out for her, and yes, you have your rights too, just not in this area in law; but still, as an ethical human being, you are not a carpet to be rolled over, any more than she is, so I'm not taking anything away from you.

Good luck. I hope it works out for both of you.

Sorry with my English I'm quite bad on composing sentences. I'm not controlling her sir. it was her decision to take the test on the first time i just decided to let her take another one cause it's been 2 weeks and no period has shown up. she said yes. so. yeah.

but regarding about it. what do you think is my percentage of getting her pregnant.???

thanks for reading on what I posted. I appreciate your time sir. :-)

If you miss more than three periods in a row and pregnancy tests are negative, your doctor should give you a thorough evaluation in case something's wrong. Two possibilities:

• Thyroid problems. If your thyroid gland (which controls your body's metabolism) isn't working properly, it could interfere with your periods. Other symptoms of a thyroid problem include extreme tiredness, hair loss, weight gain, and a constant feeling of being cold when everyone else is comfortable. A simple blood test will determine whether your thyroid is doing its job. You can correct the condition with medication.

• Too much prolactin. You might miss a period (or more than one) if your brain is producing an abnormally high level of the hormone prolactin. A woman's body usually makes prolactin when she's breastfeeding, which is why menstruation generally stops when she's nursing. If this is what's happening to you, you may notice a milky discharge from your nipples. This condition can usually be treated with medication.

Sir. She just had 3 spots of red blood for now. what do you think?. %-)