Hi, I am about 6 weeks in with my first baby. Have been having period like cramps for about 20 days now. sometimes the cramps come and go and sometimes they stay long. Had an ultrasound done and there is a cyst in my right ovary and the technician said there is fluid in my pelvic area a lot of it. I am confused and worried, should I be prepared for the worst or is this normal. I am diabetic too and am 31 years old. Anyone plz help!!

Cysts are common in early pregnancy, some are even helpful at maintaining the pregnancy till the placenta takes over for the care of the unborn baby. As far as the fluid, I'm not sure what that means. However, I can tell you this. I had an ovarian tumor removed in February, and I was 12 weeks pregnant. I'm still pregnant, and nearly 23 weeks, and everything is going well. Hang in there.