I don't want to sound like a whiny baby, but I cannot take it anymore! I am a full time student with a part time job.  I have a 3.94 GPA and I am involved in my community and at school.  When I come home from school (I live on campus, but don't really care to be there), I can never have a moment of peace and quiet.  I consistently am bothered by my mother.  She wants me to do this and that and this and that.  If I do this and that, it is either done wrong and she yells and complains at me more and if there is nothing wrong with it, she finds something wrong with it.  If I don't do this and that, she just gets more annoying.  I refuse to wash clothing, wash dishes, vacuum, or anything involving appliances because every time I use them, my mother says I am using them wrong.  I do my own laundry, dishes and cleaning at school .... I am an avid sewer and my mother refused to let me use the iron to work on my sewing projects! Her excuse was that I would burn the house down with the iron. During hurricane Sandy I wanted to do homework after she shut the generator off.  So instead of wasting the batteries in the flashlights I light a few candles and put them at a reasonable distance away from all the papers and books.  She came downstairs to get her cigarettes and saw the candles.  She freaked out and said she would have to watch me do homework so I wouldn't burn the house down.  I mean seriously.  The thing that set me off today was that I was cleaning my room and in doing so, I found a whole bunch of dirty clothes and put them in the hamper.  There were a lot, I admit, but she has been bothering me to clean my room because I hoard things and the room became a bit overwhelming.  She told me I couldn't wash my clothes at home and from now on I had to use a laundromat.  She keeps telling me she wants me to move out.  I can't afford a car or apartment because I only make about $300 a week.  I do not want to go on welfare or section 8 housing because that would mean I would have to move into a bad area because section in areas near my home are very limited.  She has very kindly allowed my boyfriend to live with us during his time of unemployment.  I don't know if that is the root of the problem or what, but ever since she has become a miser since she has been widowed life has been completely miserable.  Yes, we feel bad you are a widow.  Yes we feel bad you have had to suffer and be stressed out.  However, she needs to move on because she is make everyone else miserable.  She constantly nags everyone. Not to mention my little brother lives like a prince and my sister tries to be the righteous leader of the house. Help! I cannot deal with this anymore! 

Yeah, I'mma have to say TL;DR

Well, you should be thankful for having a Mom bugging you. Some kids don't have a Mom and they wish about having one. And it's not the biggest problem you can face. Many students tend to be depressed and stressed out. Surely, your Mom can make you go crazy. If she does, go and live on campus.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use