Hey guys and gals I am about to get Bunion surgery on my right foot here in 3 weeks. Never had any type of surgery so this is a first for me what should I expect? I am very active and I am scared I will not be able to snowboard or run after the surgery ever again I have heard some horror stories. My doctor said my right foot is a type 2 and I meet need crutches and he will putting a screw in my foot and my left foot is a type 1 and will need no crutches and might put a screw in also but isn’t 100% sure yet. I am getting right foot done first then the left after the right one heals. I just want some input on what each day is like example. Day1 a lot of pain Day2 still a lot of pain but moving Day3 pain is going away moving a little etc… and let me know what meds you were on and how well they worked for the pain I am trying to keep the pain to a minimal. He said he will be prescribing vicodin or Percocet.

Thanks,
Ryan

Use the steadyhealth search engine at the top of the page to look for "bunion surgery". There are already over 3600 posts on this subject. I wish you the best.

Hi Ryan
Just wondering how your surgery went - really hope it was a success.
I am also a guy in mid 20s in similar positon (not that many of us) considering bunion surgery ...
Cheers
JAmie