I had an abortion few years ago and that was the only time in my life I had to do it. It was terrible experience which I never want to go through again. Now I have daughter who is 20 years old and I am worried about her. I guess she will take care about unwanted pregnancy but anyway I am really scared. Is there any good thing to say about abortion, or everything keeps telling us that is terrible experience for woman.

There are a lot of discussions about abortion VS childbirth. It is known that when a first time pregnant teenager has an induced abortion, it is not sure how it might affect her future. Does she know for sure when she'll have her first term birth? Answer is no, and neither does the abortionist. Her first term birth could be a year away, ten, fifteen, or twenty years away. If the induced abortion procedure has the side-effect of sterilization, she might enter a high breast cancer risk group. This group is childless women. This is something that young girl should know, and what abortionist should warrant her. Off course that is not something usual and most abortions pass without it. That is why I am sure when young girls have an abortion, they are definitely not making their lives easier. Their problems are just beginning, so abortion VS childbirth is clearly answered.

heyy... im new to this site. i am only 17 and is about 8 weeks pregnant. and im scared and feeling weird feelings of which are mostly negative. stress and everything put a weight on me. and im worried about having an abortion or either having childbirth. im obviously not ready. i should've known when i had unprotected sex... but i was so stupid and hoped that i wouldn't get pregnant. now i am. and now im asking myself why me? i feel terrible im so not ready. what's the best thing that a 17 year old girl do who's suffering in this situation.

The best thing is to do what YOU want to do.

I 100% support any CHOICE, regardless of how old you are, or if you had unprotected sex.

I have had an abortion, I was put asleep at the clinic and never felt any pain, and I have never once regretted it.

Look deep inside of yourself, and truly decide what you want out of life.

Dear Hunnie,

Your best options is to look at all your options. Talk with your family, and if you are religious at all those figures in your life. Friends and family are going to be your biggest support group no matter what you choose.

I had a child when I was 17, I raised her on my own, and now we are a happy family 14 years later. It is hard to be a teen mother, but do what you need to and it all works out for the best. Everything happens for a reason.

If you choose to not keep the baby, there are so many couples wanting to adopt children, I hope you choose what is best for you.

Umm I dont regret having a baby at all... I love my daughter to death she is 2 months old.. and im 16 U'll regret it if u have an abortion I swear.. Childbirth isnt all that bad as what people make it sound.. Yeah ur sore but oh well its done and its over with and then u got a bundle of joy in ur arms its totatlly worth it... Anyways... tahts all i got to say

***Edited by Moderator***

hi, im eighteen years old and i have a very serious medical condition. i got pregnant at seventeen it was very hard and unexpected but i had my daughter who is now 10 months old. it is going to be hard but youll get through it. dont get an abortion YOU'LL REGRET IT...

I am pregnant with my boyfriend of 3 years. He already has 2 kids. At first I was scared, but I wanted to keep it, but now after telling my mom she has abortion in my head. I'm 20 and have a good job. I'm not READY for a kid, but I know that I could do it. I don't know what to do anymroe because my family is telling me I'm runing my life by having a kid with him because he has 2. I don't know what to do.

I have had an abortion with ZERO regrets, I finished college, and make so much more money now than I did back then.

CAN you do it ALL ALONE?

Obviously he has no problem leaving past g/f's, do you feel like you can raise a baby by yourself if he leaves you.

Your mother obviously knows that SHE would be the one you go to for help, but perhaps she 'chooses' to not want to help you ..

Carifairy wrote:

CAN you do it ALL ALONE?

I have already had an abortion. My boyfriend was with the mother of his children for eight years. We met and things went from there. He was actually married and took him a long time to leave so he didn't just walk out on a girlfriend. He also has custody of his kids allowing their mother to see them every other weekend. I am in college and have been in college since I graduated highschool. It's not going to be easy and my mom just doesn't like my boyfriend because I'm 20 and he has been married before with kids. I feel as though I knew what I was doing when I had sex.. I don't believe in using birth control as a contraceptive and having 3 of them just because I'm not ready to have a child. I have a friend who had a child and had to drop out of high school, but she went back to school and then got a degree and literally did it by herself. I am not worried about being alone I am worried about having my first kid and my boyfriend showing all three attention and dealing with his kids jealousy now once a baby comes and I want my families support. I don't see why she would want me to abort a child that I am having with someone I love.

I am happily married, and I have had 3 abortions due to birth control failure.

BEING in love is just one step of the equation, and only YOU know if you are ready to have a baby.

If you are ready, then you should not let anyone pressure you into an abortion.

Be prepared to raise the child on your own and as a former single parent (and one at 17 at that) I will be the first to tell you that it is hard work. However it is possible, and the lasting effects can be extremely rewarding. I have a wonderful 14 year old now and no matter what the hard times have brought, its all been worthwhile.

I suppose at the end of the day the easiest thing to look at is this. While yes abortion is a choice that is hard it is infinatly cheaper than having to raise a child and far less stressfull on a person mentally than giving birth to an unwanted baby.

Hi. I'm 16 and have a 3 month old baby. Things were very scary and hard at first. I went to a private school and they kicked me out when I got pregnant. People talked badly about me and my family.I was so scared to tell my parents but they ended up being so supportive.yes there are saturday nights when I would like to go out but I stay at home with my baby. She brings so much joy to my life and I don't reget havin her! She is my life and I love her more than anything!

Ok first things first, I personally do not believe that abortion is the answer to every unwanted pregnancy. I personally believe that adoption or raising your child yourself are the best answer. Now I have seen all sides in these situations. I had a sister that miscarried early on and she was heart broken beyond belief. Also I have seen my best friend scared and in a bad relationship, she was 20 living with her parents, and going to college. She did decide to have an abortion, now 5 years later she is married with 3 more children. She has regreted her decision from day one. She has said it would of been easier to have had the baby than to live with the guilt and heartache that she has now. I think that when a woman gets pregnant and it is not a good situation we panic!!! I was 18 and traveling with my boyfriend when I got pregnant with my first child, I did not have a home at the time my boyfriend at the time wanted me to abort my child. Looking back I can see why he did, but that was not going to happen, I decided to have my little girl she is 6 years old now. Then to beat the band I got pregnant again when she was 6 months old, now here I was 19 now with a 6 month old little girl and another on the way. I was shocked that it happened because bc was used both times. My boyfriend again wanted me to abort the baby, I on the other hand did not. That Sept I had another beautiful little girl. Now we did not stay together, that was my choice. now I am a happily married woman to a wonderful man. He has accepted my children as his own. My ex has not seen his children for over 5 years now. And I do not force him to see them, he said he did not want them so why force it. I do not even receive child support there is no court order for it. So as you can see all situation are different you can make it. I lived hours away from my family I did it all by myself. Yes it was hard so very hard but it can be done. And yes no one has the right to judge, I am not perfect, nor am I am specialist at life. I just wish some people can see that there are more moments in life than the here and now people need to look at the future, and see things work out in time. Who knows the person that would find the cure for AIDS, is now in heaven due to a abortion. Just think what if the people that invented the light bulb, tv, microwave, or even the car, were aboted were would we be so when you think about it where would we be now as the human race if so many children were never aborted and given the chance to live.