I am 24 years old and have 2 children with my husband.My son is two and my daughter is 4 months old.I just recently discovered I was a few weeks pregnant when I went to have an I.U.D placed.My doctor told me it is dangerous because I had a cesarean just 4 months ago and that my uterus could rupture.Plus I have post partum depression and I take medication for it.At first The decision to have an abortion did not bother me at all but now the closer it gets to the time I keep feeling this dark cloud hanging over me.The thought of going through pregnancy again makes me sick to my stomach and I don't think I could handle another baby.I'm just torn I don't want to regret this decision later.But if I wait too long I might regret that too.I need help

Purple-

I am 100% pro choice. I also believe that YOUR body and health matter so much!

You recently had a c-section, that does pose serious risks if you become pregnant too soon. Uterine rupture can kill you, and I know you do not want to leave your children motherless.

Most women that feel that abortion was best for their situation do not regret abortion, I have never regretted my abortion.

I KNOW You would have rather had your IUD placed correctly, and then everything would be okay. I know you do not "want" and abortion like we want chocoolate cake, but you want it like you want to save your life.

Please know that I support you, and I believe that you are not a bad person at all.

cairyfairy,
Thanks so much for your support.I had the abortion yesterday and I feel much better.I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.Afterward the doctor told me that the pregnancy was in a very dangerous place on my uterus and that I wold not have been able to carry this pregnancy to term.I regret that fact that my husband and I were not more careful, but I do not regret having the abortion.In two weeks I will have the paraguard I.U.D placed and I will be protected for up to ten years maybe then we will decide to have another child.Just wanted to let you know that everything went ok.thanks again

I am so glad it went well.

The Paragard is wonderful. My periods were heavier for 2-3 months, then they all settled out.

10 years..Can't beat it!

OLIVIAM - you are clearly a very hurtful, stupid human being. Didn't you read what her doctor said? The pregnancy wouldn't have carried full term! She was in DANGER of losing her life, and leaving her 2 children without a mother.

I find what you said absolutely disgraceful. Having an abortion does not make you 'mommy to a dead baby'. That's a wicked, horrible and completely uneducated thing to say. It makes you a human being with a choice of what to do for YOURSELF.

Of course Purple doesn't feel regret. She potentially just saved her LIFE!!

We have a RIGHT TO CHOICE.

A report of abuse has been made on the above person (Oliviam) But im going to leave it, Because i think this post speaks the truth an it couldnt of been put better. Thank you......... MODERATER