Hi. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've posted to some of the other pregnancy forums as well. Currently I'm not pregnant and I'm on the pill. But I live in a constant paranoia with the belief that my pill will fail me.

I just wanted to ask anyone who was willing to share any positive abortion stories. I've only read negative ones. My beliefs go either way. And I have a wonderful boyfriend who is only 15. But we have known each other since we were kids. We're true high school sweethearts and we plan on getting married someday.

He endures every pregnancy scare I have and he's boughten me hundreds of tests probably. He takes good care of me and he supports me in any descision I make. If I were to get pregnant, see I DON'T KNOW what decision I could make. Currently my 17 year old step sister is 7 months pregnant and I see she's doing fine. Her family supports her (her mom and dad) and I knowmy family (mom and dad) would definately support me either way.

But when I discussed it with my mom she ultimately put it on the table that she wouldn't WANT me to have an abortion. That she would raise my baby until I could take care of it with my boyfriend. But that still bothers me having a baby at this age. My boyfriend said if I want to keep the baby he will be there for me as always and help our family to grow. And he said if I get an abortion he will support me and take care of me as always and still love me no matter what. (We do plan on having kids when the time is right and we can manage it)

I don't know which option I would choose, and I've heard of such negative abortion tales of the women regretting it and having nightmares and guilt. And my step sister who is 7mos. pregnant always tells me not to get one and that I could handle a baby. I know those women that are guilty and depressed are ones who didn't want the abortion and they were forced into it. But I wouldn't be forced into it and I don't even know what I'd want.

So if anyone has any positive abortion stories and are willing to share, anything to help me straighten out my head would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

I have a daughter whom is 13 if she had a choice abortion or college then college it would be. It is not like everyone thinks no one likes to talk about it beacuse it stays in every ones soul like a secret no one wants to be judged or looked diffrent but, I am one who speeks about it. I have had 3 & I have 3 kids also & I am a healthy mother. If my daughter chooses the same I will stand behind her & also stand behind her to raise a baby also, but heck that is hard at 17, even 18,19,20,21. Who are we kidding live life to the fullest make a future to give to your baby.

rather than having numerous pregnancy scares perhaps it would be better to invest in some proper Contraception so that you dont have to worry about either pregancys abortions, or having an argument with your mom over either...

In regard to your mother, you have to make yoru own choices regarding those matters and it is not for her to say that she would look after any baby of yours untill you were ready as this would just cause long term problems,

I have 2 daughters and when and if this sort of thing ever happens i will support whatever choices they make.

<<<Reposted cause i wasnt logged in>>>

What do you mean invest in proper contraception? I'm on the pill already and I take it religiously. My boyfriend and I can't use condoms. And my GYN said there is no need for me to have an IUD or diaphragm (like I wanted) while on the pill. I'm just always afraid it will slip up and fail.

I have had 3 abortions, and I was on birth control.

I got pregnant 1 time on an IUD even..

I work in an abortion clinic, I am a healthcare field worker =)

AN aboriton takes 3-5 minutes if you are under 12 weeks, and you can be PUT TO SLEEP just like any other surgery, so it is painless.

Obviously if you cannot afford the extra sedation and 'good drugs', you will be awake, and it hurts, but asleep is painless.

I would have another abortion if necessary, mine were easy.

Carifairy wrote:

I got pregnant 1 time on an IUD even..

Hi Carifairy,
I respect your right to tell people your opinions, but you REALLY should be telling these young girls the truth. Abortion is not painless for the person. It is not painless for the baby either. That baby is fully developed by the time the baby is 10 weeks, just needs to grow. I have facts and I have alot of information backed up by those facts. I again respect your right to your opinions, but THE TRUTH is what needs to be told to these young people.

Not to mention, ALOT of young people have died in the process of these "painless" procedures. This procedure IS NOT MINOR. It is an invasive process and the suction machine that is used is powerful enough to collapse A LARGE GASOLINE CAN. They cannot see what they are doing as they go through your cervix up to the uterus. Perforations of the uterus can occur. LETS TELL THE TRUTH TO THESE YOUNGS LADIES, SHALL WE !!!

Also, a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year (wether male of female) can be considered rape wether or not it was mutually agreed to.

Thank you,
Hizgrace

YES it is painless. GENERAL ANESTHESIA makes ALL surgery painless. General anesthesia also crosses the placenta into the fetus.

The JAMA, or journal of the american medical association says this about fetal pain...

Context Proposed federal legislation would require physicians to inform women seeking abortions at 20 or more weeks after fertilization that the fetus feels pain and to offer anesthesia administered directly to the fetus. This article examines whether a fetus feels pain and if so, whether safe and effective techniques exist for providing direct fetal anesthesia or analgesia in the context of therapeutic procedures or abortion.

Evidence Acquisition Systematic search of PubMed for English-language articles focusing on human studies related to fetal pain, anesthesia, and analgesia. Included articles studied fetuses of less than 30 weeks’ gestational age or specifically addressed fetal pain perception or nociception. Articles were reviewed for additional references. The search was performed without date limitations and was current as of June 6, 2005.
******* Pay attention to this.
Evidence Synthesis Pain perception requires conscious recognition or awareness of a noxious stimulus. Neither withdrawal reflexes nor hormonal stress responses to invasive procedures prove the existence of fetal pain, because they can be elicited by nonpainful stimuli and occur without conscious cortical processing. Fetal awareness of noxious stimuli requires functional thalamocortical connections. Thalamocortical fibers begin appearing between 23 to 30 weeks’ gestational age, while electroencephalography suggests the capacity for functional pain perception in preterm neonates probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks. For fetal surgery, women may receive general anesthesia and/or analgesics intended for placental transfer, and parenteral opioids may be administered to the fetus under direct or sonographic visualization. In these circumstances, administration of anesthesia and analgesia serves purposes unrelated to reduction of fetal pain, including inhibition of fetal movement, prevention of fetal hormonal stress responses, and induction of uterine atony.

Conclusions Evidence regarding the capacity for fetal pain is limited but indicates that fetal perception of pain is unlikely before the third trimester. Little or no evidence addresses the effectiveness of direct fetal anesthetic or analgesic techniques. Similarly, limited or no data exist on the safety of such techniques for pregnant women in the context of abortion. Anesthetic techniques currently used during fetal surgery are not directly applicable to abortion procedures.

Hi there. I just finished reading the initial post of this and I feel for the girl.

I started having sex at 16 (and before any of you start judging me, BACK OFF! I was in love with him and in fact we're still together after two years.)
I was on the pill for a long time and still had several pregnancy scares.

Unfortunately, after a nasty respiratory illness and a course of antibiotics, (which I was unaware interfere with the Pill), I became pregnant.

I had an abortion at the age of 17, I was 19 weeks pregnant. It took me 19 weeks to work up the courage to tell him.

We told my mother (for the consent) and his father (who agreed to pay for the procedure).

The procedure itself was relatively painless, just uncomfortable. I won't lie, I have cried a few times over it, but I do NOT regret doing what I knew was best for everyone involved, including the fetus. (I grew up knowing my father didn't want me and it kills me).

Now, a freshman at a great college, I know I would never have gotten here with a baby.

I look forward to having kids, if and when I am ready.

Just be careful, but it turns out you do become pregnant, its not the end of the world!!! Just make sure you tell whoever needs to know early on. There is a cutoff time for abortions, you know.

Sorry this was so long! Hope it helped!

hi sami, i dont have a good abortion story to tell you ..

all i want to say is i told my boyfriend from the every begining i would NEVER have an abortion, i didnt want to kill my baby .. and he understood, i told him how my father wasnt there for me and i didnt want that for my baby .. he said he would never leave me for being pregnant , in fact he wanted one .. we agreeed to wait till i we out of college .. but i ended up gettin pregnant .. he was soo excited he couldnt wait to tell everyone .. then 2 1/2 mo in to the pregnany he begged and begged me to get an abortion that he wasnt ready .. he would litterally cry in my lap .. i refused and refused i knew he would come around after the baby came .. he treathed to break up with me hopeing that would scare me into not having it ...

finally i just gave in and had an abortion .. its been three months since and i cry at least 3 times a week .. my boyfriend regrets lettin me have the abortion ..

- im not saying this would happen to you .. i hope it never does .. but when someone it really terrified they dont do things they normally would ..we are still together .. we love each other very much .. but we both regert it ..

i hope my story helps ..

Ash* 19yr.

I had an abortion one week ago. I'm twenty and my husband and I made the decision that we were not ready for a child yet, although we plan on having them in a few years.

He did all the research and insisted I didn't look anything up because of all those pro-life sites that try to scare you out of it with statistics. He found a place in town that had been open since Roe vs Wade and seemed clean. We chose that place because it was on a private street so there would be no fear of protesters, and it was a nice free standing building. It seemed like as ideal a place as any.

They would heavily sedate me because I had my husband there to drive me home and take care of me. I was scared as hell, but the day came and I went. The worst part about it was that I was holding my head high on the belief that my husband would be there holding my hand, but it turns out he wasn't allowed out of the waiting room. I got past that devestation with how kind and supportive the staff was to me. I had an ultrasound, and they didn't show me the monitor or anything horrible like that. They pricked my finger for a blood sample and had me take off my bra before they put in the needle for the IV. That was the worst part of my experience. I hadn't drank or eaten anything that day per their instruction and for the first time in my life, they were unable to find a vein. I got poked six times by three different people. After that was completed, I was taken into a dimly lit room where there was soft music playing, much like you would experience if you were getting a massage. Everything was designed to relax you. I had to get undressed waist down and lay down on a table with a sheet over me. The doctor came in and introduced himself to me and asked if I had any questions. After he did a quick breast exam, he left and the nurse injected the sedation into my IV. I don't remember falling asleep, but I was not awake even when they put my feet in the stirrups. I don't remember a thing, for which I am deeply grateful.

I vaguely remember waking up in a room they put you in after to rest until you can go home. I remember it like a dream though, I was so sedated. They helped me to my car and gave my husband medicine and instructions and said I could eat. I remember waking up sometime on the way home and wanting Sonic. I tried to make a joke about the doctor and terrified my husband cause I said something to the affect that "he did a breast exam cause I have nice boobs and he liked boobs". I was JOKING, nothing inappropriate happened, but I was in a strange frame of mind and trying to make a joke. I ate without tasting my food on the way home and walked into the house without assistance, still feeling very groggy and dizzy. I ate and fell asleep and stayed asleep for most of the day. I could not have asked for a better experience. I didn't want to remember the operation, and I didn't have to.

hey, i had an abortion done about 2 weeks ago. Im sorry to say but the emotional pain after the abortion is way more overwhelming than the physical pain. In general, when I had the procedure done, it did not hurt because I had been put under and I experienced the usual after effects(cramps) of an abortion but it wasnt any different than getting a period. For days after the abortion, I was filled with dissapointment and sorrow for something which I never thought I would actually develop a connection to. I never thought that such a small being inside me could trigger such emotions within me and I felt that I had lost a huge part of me when I had the abortion. I honestly think I was happier pregnant than I am now and I hate having to think about that baby day in and day out. Its the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I see when I fall asleep. Prior to the abortion, I had an ultrasound done and I saw the little bean right there on the screen. It was just sitting there and it was honestly the freakiest feeling I've ever encountered in my life. Im so upset with myself I cant bear to face life sometimes :'(

I'M 6 WEEKS PREGNANT SCARED AS HELL I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE A ABORTION TOMORROW (4-4-08). BUT I PUSHED IT OFF TO NEXT WEEK. IM SO NOT READY FOR ANY KIDS I WANT ONE SO BAD BUT IM SCARED THAT I MAY FAIL AS A PARENT. I CRY ALOT ITS VERY EMOTIONAL ORDEAL. THE FATHER AGREES WITH ME 100% HE'S SCARED ALSO BUT HE ALREADY HAS 3 KIDS. I WANT THE ABORTION BUT SCARED OF THE PAIN I MAY FACE DURING THE ABORTION. I JUST WANT IT TO BE OVER AND DONE WITH. THEN I DONT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT LATER!. I NEED SOME ADVICE FROM THE READERS!!!!

Dear sami,
abortion is not a choice any woman wants to make but sometimes it is the best choice under the circumstances. i had an abortion about 10 years ago and it was the most difficult descision i have ever made. i do feel i made absolutely the right choice though since i did not feel the man i was with would make a very good father. be true to yourself and use a good form of birth control religiously. make yourself a good future for yourself and for your future children. i hope you never have to go through this rite of passage but a lot of women every week do and they move on. take care of yourself.
wise woman

Ok first off, dont be scared to get an abortion.

ITS BAD. IT HURTS YOU. YOU'LL BE SAD.

f that. it all depends on your beliefs on abortion and what you think is wrong and right.

I got pregnant around this time last year. first thing i did after i saw that positive pregnancy test was called and called abortion clinics.

My doctor dialated me. Felt like preiod cramps for 5 minutes.

Went back the next day, and got the best drugs ive ever had.

I literally laughed through the procedure. not that i think its funny but god damn those drugs are incredible.

went home. couldnt have sex for 3 weeks.

and i was back to normal.

Abortions are safer then labor. And i have had almost no regrets, except for my due date, i was a little teary eyed then. but thats it.

WHAT SUCKS-
-being pregnant for those 8 weeks.
oh god. worse experience of my LIFE. morning sickness, no energy, nausiated 24/7. it was HORRIBLE. but the day after the abortion you gain everything back and its AMAZING!

-the cost.
abortions are pricey.

TAKE MY ADVICE!!!