I'VE MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN MY LIFE. I CONVINCED MYSELF TO GET AN ABORTION BECAUSE I WAS WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MY FAMILY WOULD THINK AS WELL AS HIS FAMILY. I HAVE BEEN DEPRESSED ALMOST EVERYDAY SINCE I HAD THE PRCEDURE DONE. MY BOYFRIEND TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD BE BY MY SIDE NO MATTER WHAT DECISION I MADE AND HE TOLD ME THAT MAYBE IT WAS A GOOD IDEA THAT I DID GET IT BECAUSE HE WANTS ME TO FINISH COLLEGE. BUT I GOT USE TO BEING PREGNANT AND ATTACHED TO MY BABY AND SYMPTONS. MY DECISION HAVE BEEN EATING ME UP INSIDE AND IM CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT TO DO.

I'm sorry to hear your regrets. I have similar feelings as you. Guilt will be part of me for the rest of my life.

As far as I know, seems most women who have abortions later regret it, or maybe this is just my personal feelings?

I feel for you. I know that you cant live in the past and its no use and no help to beat myself up about it but it was the single worst decision of my life and i regret it everyday.

I am really sorry you made that decision. But the decision is done and you need to move on in your life, you need to continue to go to college and live your life the best you can so when you are ready to be a mom, you wont make the same mistake. Also, you should really get on birth control or use condoms or dont ahve sex with your boyfriend untill you are ready to have a baby, Nothing is going to be 100% that you will not get pregnant. I got pregnant w/ twins and iwas using the pill and on the shot... but i never thought about getting an obortion... I will be praying for you, you really need to take care of yourself, and dont care what people think of you.... honestly, i think people will look down on you more for the decision that you have made, but you need to talk to someone who is important to you. If your bf is not upset about it at all i would talk to someone else, like your mother or sister aunt, best firend... dont care what they think of you, it was not their decision and they have no right to judge you... but you need to go through this with someone you can count on...

I have felt the same way since mine in January. The only difference is my ex lied to me to get the abortion, and later told me he wanted to have it but felt the lie was "necessary" so that I would do what needed to be done. My guilt has been with me since that day. I never told my parents, and when I mentioned it to my father he cried and was angry. I regret the decision and wish that I had kept it but I realize that moving on with my life is what's best.
My opinion.....talk to who you feel the most comfortable with. I regret telling my father now because he does not look at me the same.....and my mother would have never talked to me again. You're first instinct is usually right. I believe that saying people will look down on you more so now is the last thing you should have to put up with. I'm tired of self-righteous who have never made the same mistake but seem to look down on others rather than comfort them. I have realized there are all kinds of people who get abortions. Some who continue to have them because they are irresponsible, and others because it was unplanned, or still others for their own health. You have your reasons and so did I. So again, I say that talking to whom you feel the most comfortable with is the best way to go. Sometimes, such as my case, it may not even be your best friend or a relative, but a complete stranger. The only person who helped me feel better was a 25 yr old college group leader who just happened to invite me to a meeting.

a medium i met (don't know if she's for real or not) says that souls of the child you aborted comes back when you decide to get pregnant again. and she said they will either be an angry sou child or a forgivable baby. go figure.

I want to thank all of you who have had an abortion, but are willing to discuss how terrible you feel about making that choice. Many years ago, a couple very dear to me became pregnant and came to me for advice. They were young and unmarried at the time and they were afraid of what everyone would think of them. I foolishly told them to do what they thought was best for them. I still regret those words. They did opt for an abortion, which they now feel guilty about.

A few years later, they ended up marrying and have gone on to have six beautiful children. But we all still think about the one that is missing. Their other children do not yet know about the abortion. One day, when they are old enough, they plan to tell them about their sibling. They do not want their kids to ever make the same mistake.

Today, all of us are working hard to end abortion so that other women will not have to endure the burden of such guilt. It does help to know that we are all doing what we can to protect innocent little children. I hope some of you will help join the fight.

I already had three teenaged children when I became pregnant with a fourth and unplanned child. My husband and I decided on an abortion
and it is the biggest mistake we ever made. I had no idea I would feel so torn up about it afterwards. It makes me depressed and angry whenever I think about it, and although it is now over twenty years later, I will always wonder what would have happened if I had had my fourth child and I know I missed out on a wonderful experience.

I am about to get an abortion, but I am only like two weeks pregnant. After accidentally forgetting a pill, I tookd precaution and started peeing on a stick every three days. The first four were negative, but the fifth one was positive. I am about to join the Navy, to support my husband and me. He was in Iraq, and injured, and might not be able to get that good of a job that could support us, so I have to go make the money. I know that maybe in the future I will regret having this abortion, but with no financial support, how are we suppose to raise a child?

We have the ability to take something so negative and turn it into a positive. What looks so bleak and hopeless today, all of a sudden becomes the most important thing in our life. You can still get a job, but you don't have to enlist to get it. Unfortunatly, your husband was injured fighting for us, but won't he get some kind of compensation from the military?

So you missed a pill, we all forget something sometime. I know you were on the pill for a reason, to prevent getting pregnant, obviously. But it happened.

I am not for abortion nor am i against it, as i have had two procedures myself. But aside from finances, what could be so wrong with your lives? You can get a job at home. Apply for Social Services until you get on your feet, you don't have to live on welfare forever, just until you get ahead a bit financially. They will cover your medical expenses and they will feed you. They will pay for your baby's delivery and after care, as well as yours.

I am not trying to talk you out of this, but there is always a way somewhere, you just have to think it thru a little more. Good luck to you with either decision you make, and remember no matter which way you go, you did it for a reason.

i'm in the same situation as you... financially we don'y have enough money to support a baby, i was also taking birth control pills, and at the moment i'm not working and my husbands job is slow right now so he isn't making enough money. it's not for sure yet that i'm pregnant but i believe i am since i've been feeling strange and i'm 2wks late but tomorrow i'm going to the clinic to get checked and i also set up an appointment to get medical insurance and food assistance through the social services.. it's gonna have to be my options for now if i am pregnant and hopefully i can get another job soon, i did have a really good job making decent money but they let go of my whole department thanks to the economy. i was also thinking of different options since i'm 21 and i think im still to young and it seems to early in our marriage(1yr married) to have a child but if i am i've decided to keep my baby, at least i'll be a young mother with lots of energy to take care of him/her. i do believe however that a woman has a right to make her own decisions in regards to their bodies, if they ban obortions what's gonna happen to all of the mothers to be that can't hold the baby to term and have medical complications that put her in danger as well as the baby? i just don't agree with the ppl who are against abortions because they only think of the emotional aspect and how wrong it would be if someone did that but they don't look at the health of the mother and the reasons they have come to that decision. so by all means i don't wan't to affect your decision i just wanted to share with you my situation and my decision.

I had an abortion 5 years ago and still to this day I feel deep sadness and regret about not being able to have my child. I was not married and in a rocky relationship when I accidentally fell pregnant. As an immature Christian I felt that I couldn't go through with the pregnancy as I was not married. I felt ashamed that I had become pregnant despite what I should have known about sex and conception. I was an intelligent young woman who was just finishing university. My boyfriend and I loved each other but were faced with many problems in our relationship because of his family. I felt so overwhelmed, I loved my baby but also felt like it would be impossible to go through with. I had an abortion at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy. I am now married and have been for 3 years to a wonderful man who knows my past. We would like to start trying for a baby. I am so ready to be a mum. I feel like its 5 years overdue. I know that my great God has forgiven me of my sin. My God, who has guided me through every stage of life. I pray that He will bless me with children. I know that my abortion was not ideal and I will suffer those memories and regret till the day I die, but I trust that God has my future in His hands and will bless me with children if it is His will. To all of you who have had an abortion I understand how you feel each day. I understand that sadness that you never imagine you will feel. To any girl or woman who is thinking about abortion, please let me say to you that while now it seems like a solution to the hard situation you are in right now (trust me I know - I didn't sleep for a week and I lost about 3-4kgs), I want you to know that it will have lifelong effects, sadness mostly as you remember what you have lost. Pray to God who loves you. Speak to your parents (something that I did not do which I now regret) or someone who cares for you unconditionally. I hope my story is helpful to someone out there, either to offer support to you who grieve or to encourage you not to opt for abortion if you're in that situation now. I am so hopeful now that in the coming months I will be able to conceive and be the mum I have longed to be for so long. I trust in God that His will is done and that if He blesses me with children that it is in His perfect timing. Thank you for reading my story.

When I found out I was pregnant I was very surprised but my baby's father was even more surprised than I was. I always thought that the day I ended up pregnant I would have someone very supportive by my side, no matter what the decision I made, but not in this case. I was basically told that he wasn't gonna be there for me or my baby and that my tears is not going to change his decision. My father left when I was two months old and even though I didn't live a hard life I watched my mother suffer and thats not what I wanted for me. I was only 22 years old and really didn't know what to think, so I had an abortion. I think about my baby everyday and wish it never happened like that. I constantly wonder how different my life would be. Readers when having sex, you really have to know that other person. Everyday I fear that I will never be able to get pregnant again.........................

Hi,I am 16 years old and have accidentally entered this site looking for something else when I came across the topic of abortion.I am interested on this subject because of my mom.She has had 8 abortions,maybe even 1 or 2 more,she has lost count,and one miscarriage.My little brother(3rd child) has been born with a physical defect,he had a malformed mouth,I forgot the medical term for it.So yeah,karma...thank God it wasn't worse.He has had 4-5 operations since he was born,and will have many more.Children do pay for their parents mistakes.My mom swore to God she'd never have one again.My religion teacher also told us that "the pill" does not prevent a child from forming into an embrion,it simply disallows it to stick to it's mothers womb,therefore starving a child to death,so it is still an abortion.So you may have killed many children and not even know about it.I hope to god that's not true cause my mom takes "the pill" too and I really pray for her.She really suffered from all those abortions and regrets them deeply,but it's too late now unfortunate.Thank God I'm well informed and that will prevent me from making the worst decision of my life in the future.God bless!

I also regret my decision to abort. It has only been a week but every day I feel like I am dying. It is truly the only decision that I have made in almost 3 decades that I honestly regret. One week ago today, I still had my baby, if only for a few more minutes. I am so sorry that you are feeling the way that you are. Know that we are all together and will one day overcome our sadness and guilt.