im around 5"5 and i weight only 90 pounds. it's so embarressing, all i wish for is to gain but its irronically the most impossiable thing. i DO not starve myself, and when i do eat i eat A LOT. nothing ever shows on the scale. im very pateit... i do not have a big boned structure so the skinnyness goes along with me.. i just wish to be heavier... what can i do to gain weight. ive gotten the protein drinks, i mixed powders with milk. i eat everything on bread. grrrr

Hi Heather,

There used to be a great poster on here called healthnfitnessguy, don't know if you've seen any of his posts but he had a good one on this:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

I'm a very skinny guy too, or at least I was. Here is what I recommend--peanut butter milkshakes. You are going to gain weight pretty quickly but make sure you have a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some milk, and a bunch of peanut butter. Trust me, this will no longer be an issue. My guess it that you might undereat for your size. What do you think?

Worth a try. Let me know how it goes :)

Just on a side note, did you lose a lot of weight all of a sudden?

no ive been so acwardly skinny... nothing works. but ill deff try that:)!

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me too. I have lost a considerable amount of weight as well due to some personnel issues and the doctor has now put me on a high protein drink that is supposed to increase my appetite as well. I see very little movement on the scale tho i have gained about 4 pounds in a 3 week period, but i am still not feeling the need to eat a lot of food.

My question is: Would this peanut butter shake work as well with Silk instead of milk. Silk is a soy based lactose free product that imitates milk, sort of. I find that if i drink milk daily and after about 3 or 4 days of even one 8 oz. glass per day, i get severely constipated.
I am certainly willing to try this peanut butter shake with Silk, or maybe even a drink called Lactaid, but this product is very expensive compared to real milk or even Silk. It's $2.49 a quart, which is steep i think.

ive been struggleing with trying to gain a good few pounds since I was little. I'm not very active at all. I go to school and come home and lay round for the rest of my day eating. but it just never appears on the scale. ive even tried those really high powder drinks for people trying to gin muscle. nothing not even a pound. but I might try this drink

Alright bbfeet

You may want to try and dig healthnfitnessguy out of hiding. He knows quite a bit on this kind of stuff.