I resently went to the vet because my cat was constantly throwing up. He had an inflamitory disease. It was so bad that the vet thought that he had swolowed a necklace. He put my cat on steroids and changed his food. He would refuse to eat it because he didn't like it. Well I changed it back to what he likes and he is eating. He eats canned food too. I herd it will help him gain weight. But he still hasn't gained anything. He is three years old and still looks like he is maby one or one and a half. I need advice on what to do. Anything I should do or change?

What were you feeding your cat before you put him on canned cat food? Was it dry food?

Is your cat just small in size or is it very thin? If he is three then he's an adult cat. I don't know if he'll keep growing.

What does the vet say? Have they run blood tests on the cat and is he OK?

Sorry but even though I've had several cats, the present one is 19, my cats always seem to have trouble keeping weight off, not putting it on.

Hope it helps some, a fellow cat lover.

Well yeah he was on dry food yes. But he gets canned food aswel. Once in a while as a treat. He is very thin. I mean he is small but he is also very thin. The vet said he is under weight.

He put him on some science diet food. He wouldn't eat it. When I switched him back to normal food he would eat more of it than the science diet. He has an inflamitory disease. When he was sick he would puke. He would eat but throw it up. The only thing he could get down was water. So they put him on steroids every night. He eventually cut it back to one pill every other night. He has been on the pills for about two or three months. And no results.

Well this is my first pet. So ya I do not konw what is going on and I am freaking.

Hi again,

My cat won't even touch the science diet food. She's fussy but will eat just about anything without gravy. If it has gravy, she'll eat around it.

I do think it's the diet. If he likes what you're feeding him then keep doing it. Maybe you can try different brands to find one that he can tolerate.

I wish I could help you better

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Lately he has been eating a lot. Has been eating a full can and maby even an extra half of canned food a day. And also a full bowl of dry food. Since I got back from arizona he has been eating a lot. So hopefully he will get his weight back. He use to weigh more. You couldn't see his bones like they are now.

Hi there, has your cat been gaining any weight lately? I know it's only been a week but this sounded a little worrisome so if you could just let me know i'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

No he hasn't. He has actually thrown up again like he use to.....I getting really worried. Idk what to do ? ? ?

Are you able to take your cat to a pet hospital or a veterinarian? It sounds like your cat needs some professional care. Are you able to do that soon?

not really. the good thing is he hasn't been puking anymore. i have started to give him a vitamin medication. Give him two tablites every day. he eats them on his own.

Hi smexykitty,
I'm just wondering if this is working for your cat. Is he gaining any weight or is it too early to tell?

He stopped eating them. At first he would eat it right away. Now for some reason he won't take it.

He there, have you tried peanut butter? I know that's got a lot of calories and you can give that to dogs. I'm not sure about guys, but for dogs, it's very effective for weight gain. Have you seen a vet?

Hey smexy, can you give me a quick update on your cat when you've got a moment? It sounds like he was not feeling so hot last time you posted and I'd like to at least hear a happy ending to his tale. Thanks!! :-)

Hi smexykitty,

How is your cat? It has been a few days and I am wondering if anything has changed? Is he eating well now?

I really hope that he is doing much better. Give as an update when you have time.

All the best.

dark_red wrote:

smexykitty wrote:

Hi smexykitty,

All the best.

I feel the same way. I would like to hear about your cat! IT sounds like it was pretty worrisome. I hope I'm not bothering you but it would be nice to have an update. Thanks!