So.. I found this place while googling up my symptoms. I was reading some of the posts, but none of them were really giving me any answers for me. So I decided to go ahead and just make my own thread...

I'm currently seventeen. I've had constipation problems for.. as long as I can remember. When I was real small and in elementary. I was in pull-ups until I got out of elementary, just because my bowel movements were strange. I'd seem to have them at times, but not feel it exactly. And they were so slow that had I sat on the toilet, I'd of surely been there the entire day and only for a small, small bowel movement.

I've been hospitalized a few times, having to be cleaned out with enemas. It's been many years since I've been hospitalized. Though recently I was rushed to the E.R. because I couldn't urinate. I apparently appeared 4 months pregnant when I got to the E.R. Ultimately I had to have a catheter in for a week. When I saw the urologist to get it taken out, he said he figured it was that I was so constipated, he was pushing up on my urethra and blocking it up.

Still, I feel like its getting worse. I'll go weeks without a single bowel movement. Not one. Not even tiny ones, anymore. Then I'll get so constipated, my stomach will get really extended, bottom and top with just a dip in the middle. It's strange. Then that is typically when I'd take some sort of laxative, though lately its been milk of magnesia, since laxatives make me very, very sick. I vomit and have very water bowel movements, accompanied by uncontrollable shakes. Sometimes I won't even have a bowel movement, just the shakes and vomit. And it will continue for at least three days. Then I get better.

Now, I never really have seen a doctor for all this. But recently I've come to this position where I don't really do much. I don't feel good. I feel depressed all the time. My appetite is fading away AND I've been missing periods. At first they were just flip flopping around from the end of the month, to the beginning. I'm getting a little worried, so I'm making a doctors appointment tomorrow.

Another odd thing is, that sometimes I get so filled with gas (I suppose thats what it is. Thats what it feels like) that I can't even stand straight. And the only relief is to actually pass gas, but I find that at times I'm not even able to do that unless I lay on my side, on a bed. Or if I lay in a chair in this certain way. At times I get so desperate and I'll lay there for hours and hours until I fall asleep, just to ease the pressure and discomfort.

It doesn't necessarily always hurt when I press on my stomach, but on some days.. for some reason my arms and my stomach feel really, really sore. Just to the lightest touch it hurts. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. But it's something else I've noticed lately.

I feel sick when my bowels start moving. I don't do anything. Right now, for the last few days I've been trying to have a bowel movement, and I've been very tired, but not able to sleep. And its just over all a feeling of not feeling good. I don't know how exactly to describe that.

As for the stomach tension. This is something I started noticing last year. I was laying in bed one day, and I for some reason or another relaxed my stomach, but then it tensed right back up. From then on I've noticed that my stomach is always, always tense. The only way I can untense it, is to actually be thinking about it and tell myself to relax, and let it go. I do that, but as soon as I'm not paying attention, it tenses right back up.

I'd like to hear anything anyone else has to say before I go. Even if it's just what to ask the doctor, or tell the doctor. What to expect. Or if you have had these symptoms and have had it diagnosed, or have a remedy that might help me. I'd appreciate it.

Sorry if things are out of order. I was just adding things as I remembered them. I hope this isn't too much to take in. I really appreciate any feedback.

An update is that I started my period three days ago. It's gone now though, but at least I got it. I can take that off the list.

I suffer from anxiety and my main symptom is horrible clenching of my stomach muscles. Whenever I am stressed it seems my stomach muscles tighten deep inside involuntarily. If I eat something lets say when I'm out and this happens for hours at a time then by the time I get home I get diahrrha. I guess from the extreme anxiety and the tensing my digestion just stops. I try to do breathing to relax the muscles but it's just all clenched up and so tight. I know when I'm doing something I enjoy and my mind is off it my muscles finally untense and I feel normal again. NOw itj's to the point that everytime I go out of the house or even when I'm sleeping I get the tightening. Does this sound like what you have?

Hey patti may, your thing sounds alot like mine. I have bad anxiety and my stomach muscles are always tight all the time and it causes shortness of breath. I feel very exhausted all the time. So tired that I dont feel like doing anything and I cant even relax. I have to force myself to get a deep breath and its really weird. Im only 26 and this began 4 years ago and i was undergoing alot of stress i dont know what to do to conquer this... I drank alot before this and thought maybe that could of impaired my digestion... any ideas? I used to always feel great and now im always miserable and cant enjoy life. It drives me crazy and I just wanna feel good. I have headaches all the time too. Ive been to a few docs and eveything checks out and they just dismiss it as anxiety. Its so weird everything is different and feels so weird. PLease HELP!!

i have ths same thing with my stomach tightness and it never loosens. Did you find any help?

Hey guys...it sounds like you have anxiety. i Suffer from stress and anxiety. Even when theres nothing for me to be stressed about im always getting all uptight and stuff. I have the shakes, get dizzy every so often through out the day, little appetite, excess gas in my stomach, and insomnia. Even if i get to bed at 11pm i end up falling asleep at 2am! With so much gas in my stomach it feels like i might throw up but i end up burping and i feel much better. I dont know how to get over this...its been going on since Feb. up untill now. It gradually got up to this point. im going to try yoga, i heard it helps!

Wow, never thought I'd see people in the same boat as me, its definitely something to do with relaxing the stomach and overeating. I've suffered this for 5-6 years, I have no appetite, no sleep and no happiness.

Hi, My name is Ally. I don't know if this will be useful to anybody, but i suffer from bad anxiety as well. I am only 20 and this has been going on since I was about 10. I go through periods where it is so bad I just want to cry, the most annoying part i find about it is in my head i KNOW its anxiety but i compulsive over thinking about it making my symptoms worse. I get extremley dizzy and light headed almost gasping for air. It has gotten in my way of work and everything. A month or two ago I had enough of anxiety and wanted to start my life. I went to a doctor and expressed my symptoms. They put me on Paxil CR an anti- anxiety medicine. I love it, i havent had anxiety since i have started. Anxiety is NOT something that can be controlled it is a chemical imbalance in the brain so it is important to get medical help. you do not have to live with anxiety there IS hope.. I'm proof!

Hi all, not sure if this cud b the rite page but im really looking for help. For a number of yrs I have suffered abdominal pains and doc said about 5yrs ago it it was IBS. But since then I have had 3 children, 2 miscarriages and 2 terminations. After my 2nd child passing solids became very difficult n doc said it was a prolapsed uterus n bowel. Might b a bit too graphic to pass a soild I have to press into my vagina to help pass it. since my 1st termination I have had pains on my left side n at 1 point doc thought it was my appendix but it eased off n docs said not to worry about it. Since oct of 2009 I have difficulties wiv breathing n heart palpitations n was seen by a cardiooligst who said nothing was wrong wiv my heart but the pains in my chest are worsing, the pains in my side are wosring and im having very irregular bleeding during periods. Cud this just be a prob wiv my diet? or maybe something else that should be checked out further? I had aload of bloods taken in Nov to check loads of things. I also suffer from very major headaches too and dont have very energy anymore and always want to sleep.

I am also suffering like u all? It is a lifestyle disorder?

Watching a TV/Computers increase this symptons.

Lets follow to be free from anxiety.

1)Avoid watching TV/Computer

2)Move to outer world, avoid being inside four corner.

3)Start Practicing yoga & Pranayama with yogic deit.

4)Start thinking yogic, like sadhus.

5)Pray to god every day, believe in god and in his creation like nature.

6) Think positive

7) Do more physical exercise, work is worship

8) give up any bad habits, night clubs etc etc.

And See the change within 6 months

Feel the breeze of fresh air and fresh life everyday!!!

Hi all my story like Sheeply I was all ways looking for answer why cant I have a BM.
I set there for hours and nothing to right home about, and constipation gas flow behind
One day at work I got the chills, I did not fell right like I wanted to lie down, I am at
Work. I left early and went home. Put on my pj. Stared went into shock my
Husband look at me he said my eyes said it all I was in pain. I had a blockage now I think
I have to go in again. its starting all over again thank you good luck to you
:-D

Hello, I had never had a problem until like you rushed to ER with same issue. The nurse said if I had three kiwi fruits every day I would never have the problem again so anytime I think it could be heading that way I make sure I get some. She was right, they contain digestive enzymes and basically dissolve your food for you and get you going.

Guest wrote:

Hey everyone. I've recently been having problems as well. I'm actually a little worried. I have never expierenced anything like this before. I feel sick, and nausous and always feel like I have to go make a bm but can't. when I'm in the bathroom I feel like I'm going to pass out. It feels horrible! Some times I'm afraid to pass gas because I'm afraid it's something else if you know what I mean. When my period came this week it was only for 2 days instead of a week. My sister is having the same problem as me and she hasn't had a period in a year and a half. The doctor doesn't know what to do to help her. Shes been taking miralax and that doesn't work for either of us. Has anyone figured out what the problem was?

I've found that when I'm stressed I clench my stomach muscles as well. It leads to horrible stomach pains, constipation, and excessive burping. I've been to doctors and gastroenterologists and none of them were really able to help me. But I did a lot of research on holistic remedies and I'll share what has helped with me.

1. Ginger Tea - it tastes just awful, but if you put in enough honey it masks the flavor. Ginger is soothing to upset stomachs.

2. Mineral oil - when I get these bouts of a clenched stomach, I usually don't feel like eating. But I put 1-2 tablespoons of this stuff in something like chicken noodle soup or yogurt and within a couple hours it seems to help everything "move along". Just be careful not to over-do-it or you might end up moving things along a little too quickly!

3. Sometimes it feels as though my stomach is "hot" or "burning" so I started drinking really cold lemonade (random, but it felt better than just plain old water) and it seemed to help calm everything down

4. Start to recognize the symptoms before they become a problem. If I'm having a rough day, usually I'm ok. But if I'm having a rough WEEK, I start clenching my stomach and I can't talk myself out of it. Everyone holds tension somewhere, and unfortunately when you hold it in your stomach like this it makes a world full of problems! So I try to talk myself out of the stress, but when I can't I'll exercise, take a day or two off to decompress, or if it's really bad I'll take a xanex until the stress passes.

5. Eating a salad or taking extra fiber once per day helped to keep things regulated.

6. Lastly, don't be afraid to shut down after work. I'm the worst offender when it comes to bringing work home, but I've forced myself to put the computer away, turn the phone off, and just allow myself to veg out, even if just for an hour before I go to bed. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right??

I hope some of this stuff helps you guys! And I'm glad to know there's other people out there in the same boat! And to the first person that posted the message, I would suggest getting your hormone levels checked. I think the wacky periods are probably a separate issue. Good luck!!

Sheeply!!hey i know you posted this last year, but everything you have listed in your symptoms i have had the exact same things. You sound just like me, did you ever see the doctor about it? I have had a colonoscopy, barium enema , and ct scan and they still can't figure out whats goin on. So i wanted to know what they did for you, how you got past it, or did you ever get past it?