I'm currently seventeen. I've had constipation problems for.. as long as I can remember. When I was real small and in elementary. I was in pull-ups until I got out of elementary, just because my bowel movements were strange. I'd seem to have them at times, but not feel it exactly. And they were so slow that had I sat on the toilet, I'd of surely been there the entire day and only for a small, small bowel movement.
I've been hospitalized a few times, having to be cleaned out with enemas. It's been many years since I've been hospitalized. Though recently I was rushed to the E.R. because I couldn't urinate. I apparently appeared 4 months pregnant when I got to the E.R. Ultimately I had to have a catheter in for a week. When I saw the urologist to get it taken out, he said he figured it was that I was so constipated, he was pushing up on my urethra and blocking it up.
Still, I feel like its getting worse. I'll go weeks without a single bowel movement. Not one. Not even tiny ones, anymore. Then I'll get so constipated, my stomach will get really extended, bottom and top with just a dip in the middle. It's strange. Then that is typically when I'd take some sort of laxative, though lately its been milk of magnesia, since laxatives make me very, very sick. I vomit and have very water bowel movements, accompanied by uncontrollable shakes. Sometimes I won't even have a bowel movement, just the shakes and vomit. And it will continue for at least three days. Then I get better.
Now, I never really have seen a doctor for all this. But recently I've come to this position where I don't really do much. I don't feel good. I feel depressed all the time. My appetite is fading away AND I've been missing periods. At first they were just flip flopping around from the end of the month, to the beginning. I'm getting a little worried, so I'm making a doctors appointment tomorrow.
Another odd thing is, that sometimes I get so filled with gas (I suppose thats what it is. Thats what it feels like) that I can't even stand straight. And the only relief is to actually pass gas, but I find that at times I'm not even able to do that unless I lay on my side, on a bed. Or if I lay in a chair in this certain way. At times I get so desperate and I'll lay there for hours and hours until I fall asleep, just to ease the pressure and discomfort.
It doesn't necessarily always hurt when I press on my stomach, but on some days.. for some reason my arms and my stomach feel really, really sore. Just to the lightest touch it hurts. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. But it's something else I've noticed lately.
I feel sick when my bowels start moving. I don't do anything. Right now, for the last few days I've been trying to have a bowel movement, and I've been very tired, but not able to sleep. And its just over all a feeling of not feeling good. I don't know how exactly to describe that.
As for the stomach tension. This is something I started noticing last year. I was laying in bed one day, and I for some reason or another relaxed my stomach, but then it tensed right back up. From then on I've noticed that my stomach is always, always tense. The only way I can untense it, is to actually be thinking about it and tell myself to relax, and let it go. I do that, but as soon as I'm not paying attention, it tenses right back up.
I'd like to hear anything anyone else has to say before I go. Even if it's just what to ask the doctor, or tell the doctor. What to expect. Or if you have had these symptoms and have had it diagnosed, or have a remedy that might help me. I'd appreciate it.
Sorry if things are out of order. I was just adding things as I remembered them. I hope this isn't too much to take in. I really appreciate any feedback.
Hey patti may, your thing sounds alot like mine. I have bad anxiety and my stomach muscles are always tight all the time and it causes shortness of breath. I feel very exhausted all the time. So tired that I dont feel like doing anything and I cant even relax. I have to force myself to get a deep breath and its really weird. Im only 26 and this began 4 years ago and i was undergoing alot of stress i dont know what to do to conquer this... I drank alot before this and thought maybe that could of impaired my digestion... any ideas? I used to always feel great and now im always miserable and cant enjoy life. It drives me crazy and I just wanna feel good. I have headaches all the time too. Ive been to a few docs and eveything checks out and they just dismiss it as anxiety. Its so weird everything is different and feels so weird. PLease HELP!!
I am also suffering like u all? It is a lifestyle disorder?
Watching a TV/Computers increase this symptons.
Lets follow to be free from anxiety.
1)Avoid watching TV/Computer
2)Move to outer world, avoid being inside four corner.
3)Start Practicing yoga & Pranayama with yogic deit.
4)Start thinking yogic, like sadhus.
5)Pray to god every day, believe in god and in his creation like nature.
6) Think positive
7) Do more physical exercise, work is worship
8) give up any bad habits, night clubs etc etc.
And See the change within 6 months
Feel the breeze of fresh air and fresh life everyday!!!
I set there for hours and nothing to right home about, and constipation gas flow behind
One day at work I got the chills, I did not fell right like I wanted to lie down, I am at
Work. I left early and went home. Put on my pj. Stared went into shock my
Husband look at me he said my eyes said it all I was in pain. I had a blockage now I think
I have to go in again. its starting all over again thank you good luck to you
Hey everyone. I've recently been having problems as well. I'm actually a little worried. I have never expierenced anything like this before. I feel sick, and nausous and always feel like I have to go make a bm but can't. when I'm in the bathroom I feel like I'm going to pass out. It feels horrible! Some times I'm afraid to pass gas because I'm afraid it's something else if you know what I mean. When my period came this week it was only for 2 days instead of a week. My sister is having the same problem as me and she hasn't had a period in a year and a half. The doctor doesn't know what to do to help her. Shes been taking miralax and that doesn't work for either of us. Has anyone figured out what the problem was?
1. Ginger Tea - it tastes just awful, but if you put in enough honey it masks the flavor. Ginger is soothing to upset stomachs.
2. Mineral oil - when I get these bouts of a clenched stomach, I usually don't feel like eating. But I put 1-2 tablespoons of this stuff in something like chicken noodle soup or yogurt and within a couple hours it seems to help everything "move along". Just be careful not to over-do-it or you might end up moving things along a little too quickly!
3. Sometimes it feels as though my stomach is "hot" or "burning" so I started drinking really cold lemonade (random, but it felt better than just plain old water) and it seemed to help calm everything down
4. Start to recognize the symptoms before they become a problem. If I'm having a rough day, usually I'm ok. But if I'm having a rough WEEK, I start clenching my stomach and I can't talk myself out of it. Everyone holds tension somewhere, and unfortunately when you hold it in your stomach like this it makes a world full of problems! So I try to talk myself out of the stress, but when I can't I'll exercise, take a day or two off to decompress, or if it's really bad I'll take a xanex until the stress passes.
5. Eating a salad or taking extra fiber once per day helped to keep things regulated.
6. Lastly, don't be afraid to shut down after work. I'm the worst offender when it comes to bringing work home, but I've forced myself to put the computer away, turn the phone off, and just allow myself to veg out, even if just for an hour before I go to bed. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right??
I hope some of this stuff helps you guys! And I'm glad to know there's other people out there in the same boat! And to the first person that posted the message, I would suggest getting your hormone levels checked. I think the wacky periods are probably a separate issue. Good luck!!