There are things you can do while waiting on the Drs to figure things out and the very first thing to do when suffering from chronic digestive problems is to completely go off gluten. To help you do this, you may need to search the web for info that will help you learn to read food labels. Gluten intolerance can't be diagnosed like Celiac disease yet it causes severe problems as well. If gluten is the culprit, I can guarantee relief after a week or less of complete avoidance. Dairy can cause issues for some people as well. Work with your diet. In most cases, if they can't find anything, it's food intolerance. I hope and pray you all find relief and God bless.

Hello, I'm 16, and have been diagnosed at the age of 5 with Chrons. I found this post when searching my symptoms, and can honestly say I have never had them before, I don't know if you have been diagnosed with anything yet, but all my other Chrons attacks have never been like this. I haven't found out what's wrong yet, and I completely understand that your parents don't believe you - mine don't either, and I have to go to college tomorrow regardless. Good luck, hope you found out what was wrong

As the other person suggested, you should be tested for Celiac. Many doctors do not look for that or even know the proper tests to order for it. It is only in recent years that doctors have come to understand that celiac and gluten sensitivity are more common than diabetes. But your symptoms seems pretty classic for Celiac or at least a gluten sensitivity. Either of which means eliminating gluten completely from your diet. But get tested first as you need to be eating gluten in order for it to show up on blood tests. Make sure the doctor orders all 4 blood tests for celiac as there is often false negatives if they only order one or two of the tests. Don't let your parents or doctor tell you it is in your head. That is the lazy way out when they can't offer you any help. Your symptoms sound real and you need to push to find a doctor who will take you seriously. Good luck....you are your best advocate so keep trying till you find your answers!!!

Hi. Have they suggested diverticulitis? I had these symptoms too. Diverticulitis is where there is little pouches in your colon and when they get inflamed you get sick throwing up and diarrhea and not wanting to eat. I went for a whole month sick when my ped put me in the hospital. I was put on a liquid diet and pit on an IV and on pain meds and they cleared my colon out. I was there for a week. They didn't know it was diverticulitis. I discovered it on my own. I was doing a project on the colon in my nursing class and I had to research diseases of the colon and came across it and it matches me perfect so I went and talked to the doctor and came to find out that's what I had!

hey my sister has had every single symptom you just said for months and months,thank you thank you for putting this up!!!!

You guys should be checked for an ovary cyst burst. I have had several and the symptoms are almost identical....I had to have a full body cat scan before they found the problem....

I too have had all this ...pain on left side sort of just below your ribs , pretty much constant then a sort of different pain in my stomach sometimes together sometimes one or the other .... Usually have it after every meal what ever it is ... Severe diarrhea all the time . This week just gone Monday 28th July 2014 I had really bard pains dizzy nausea ( not sick ) And generally feeling ill that lastest till today really Thursday 31st ... Been to docs number of times to which now I am waitin to see gastroentlogist which I'm still waitin lost 2 stone in 9 months ( while pregnant ) drivin me mad now

I know how you feel I am a 40 yr old female going through same thing. Stomach pain back pain on left side and diarrhea but they also tell me there is nothing wrong I have had all kinds of tests and everyone of them come back normal.

I think you should see a Gi doctor I think you have gastroparesis I go through the same think you should suggest to him or her can they do a upper scope that's the only way to detect it just search for gastroparesis usually you get it if your a diabetic but some people get it for no apparent reason I hope you get better soon signed Tam

, I have to assume I have the same thing , wrong with me that you have, every thing you described ,same with me ,back pain, sharp pain in side , just went for a walk ,out of no where sharp pain buckled me over,don't remember witch side , can't eat , feel like c**p , it comes and goes seams like I will feel fine for 2, days or so , then 3 or 4 days sick again just want to sleep , after I go to the bathroom my stomach hurts every timeits not lower stomach pains it's sort of a underneath my rib cage crampy feeling I went to the doctor and have test done same as you haven't gotten results yet will Monday the 15th.reply back when I get results it's not in your head.I thought it might be a bacteria or something I have cats and I thought it could be related to cleaning the cat box do you have pets? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same exact thing that I have back ache , head ache, can't eat ,stomach ache( crampie ) I went and had tests .haven't gotten results yet.you are 25 the outher girl IS 16 and I am 45 .this is not in her head your head or mine. This has been going on for to long and it does suck.let me know what the doctet told you. 

you might have a clostidium infection

THIS IS NOOOOOO HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I too am having all of those same symptom. The only difference is I'm on pain meds which make me constipated. I went to the ER and the X-Ray showed abnormal amounts of stool in my bowels. So I'm on a miralax 3 x'S a day which stinks because when I go the stool is extremely lose. So my diarrhea ( I thought anyway) maybe is just a symptom of whatever is wrong and the miralax is just allowing it to pass. The doctor at the ER had no idea what's wrong. I know my body and something is definitely wrong. I have to follow up with a GI as well as my obgyn. See I have endometriosis wick his also contributing to my pain. I have had it since I was 14 and doctors say it doesn't come on until your 20's. I know exactly what it's like to be a you girl whose called a faker. My school put a chinz on me because of how much school I have missed. Your girls get a really bad name for some reason. Don't ever stop standing up for yourself!!! Good luck. Let's all meet back here after our GI appointments and see if we have the same thing.

Thank you for this information. I had c diff twice and its nasty. For the past 4 or 5 months I have a bad day going to the bathroom 10 to 15 times with stomach pain. I ws tested for c diff and was negative. I'm 67 and will have my B12 tested. Hope it works. I would have never guess that.