Hello all! Due to my severe obesity ( 100 extra pounds) which causes me many problems I decided to perform an abdominalplasty. Is there anybody who did this? I would like to know if there were any problems that could occur!!!!

Hello there! Like with every surgery there could arise some post op problems but if done by qualified plastic surgeons, the results should be positive. So, the first thing to do is properly choose your surgeon. After abdominalplasty, infections and blood clots can occur, but are rare. Infection can be treated with drainage and antibiotics, but will prolong your hospital stay. In order to avoid blood clots, it would be best to start moving as soon as possible after the surgery!
If you are a smoker, you should definitely stop cos smoking can increase the risk of complications and postpone healing. After the surgery you should follow the doctor’s orders especially regarding physical activity!!! Good luck with the surgery!!!