Hi, I was wondering if I should get buccal fat removal? I am 21 and have always had very round cheeks which I thought would disappear over time. I bite them so often, including in my sleep and quite often now I have noticed that it can be painful when I eat hot food or drink hot drinks (which is difficult cos I love cups of tea). I am interested in buccal fat removal but obviously it would be expensive. My sister treats cancer patients and always warns me against repeated traumas cos they can increase the cancer risk. Would there be any significant oral health risks of biting cheeks so much, and if so would I be able to get buccal fat removal on the NHS?
Please reply if you know anything or have a similar problem and have advice.
Thanks, Anouska

Hi
i had buccal fat removal. the change is very very very subtle and isn't right for everyone. No one notices i had it done but people often ask if i've lost weight. for me it was the right choice and the recovery and pain was minimal. Actually less painful than getting my wisdom teeth out.

Let me know if you have futher questions.

Did your face shape change at all? Do you think the procedure was worth it?

Hi i have the same problem and had my buccal surgery couple days ago im still very swollen . i realized the side with softer tissues where i used to bite is more sore than the other side where i don't bite.

Never get buccal fat removed. That's what I've read from many plastic surgeons. It can cause you a very gaunt face little later in life and then you will end up needing more plastic surgery and fillers and that is not good.

I believe my ps removed my buccal fats without my consent and that is why my face is so very gaunt. I'm very afraid.