I have had GERD for about 8 years now (I am 18 years old) and I have been on Nexium 40mg since day 1. However, over the years I have been repeatedly ANNOYED by this strange gurgling sound that I think is gas? But it seems to come from my stomach and travels all the way up my esophagus and makes this horrifyingly embarrassing noise. It almost feels like my throat is vibrating or something. It usually gets really bad after I eat a meal or a snack, and sometimes when I drink water. Now that I am a college student, I always have to make sure that I go to class on an empty stomach so my stomach doesn't make these strange noises (I know, weird right?). These gurgling sounds seem to go away when I lay down flat on my back or if I am laying down on my right side. If I lay on my left side, I will start to 'gurgle' again. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE out there has the same problem as me, please share here. I am so sick of getting this weird form of gas that makes an embarrassing sound. 

You should pay attention to as heartburn. Because it is very dangerous. Try to study the detailed information about acid reflux.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have this exact same problem. My throat always makes this annoying noise. Especially when I lay on my left side and it usually begins after I drink something. I'm so sick of having to find a different position to sleep in just to make it stop.

I literally have the exact same issue. If anyone can tell is something to help, causes, and what needs to be done if really appreciate it! :)

I have the same problem exactly. It starts in my stomach and seems to travel to my throat, whenever it happens it is after a meal but it doesnt necessarity happen every time after I eat. Did you ever find out if it had anything to do with certain foods?

I have the same problem. I have been on proton pump inhibitors for years + told I would be on them the rest of my life. I still get gurgling sound often if I lay on my left side.

On one medical site a same question was asked and the expert there says that it is not caused by reflux. That it is a normal digestive process. Now I am not so sure, because I have the same symptoms and is quite embarassing. but what is funny this came about 5 months after having undiagnosed silent reflux. I think they are related. Can someone help with an answer please? I think there are many things still not known about our digestive tracts. Why so many people getting this LPR? especially after a sinus cold? I DEMAND THAT MORE RESEARCH IS DONE ON THIS, IT DESTROYS QUALITY OF LIFE AND IT CAN KILL. (BECAUSE DOCTORS PRESCRIBE PPI'S)

I have the same experience but I haven't found a doctor who can tell me what's going on.

The gurgling noise is so very loud when I lay on my left side. If sometimes feel like needles sticking me in lower left abdomen. The noise and feeling travel all the way up to my throa.