I have had something that I thought was stomach flu for few months already. My symptoms were urging to have a bowel movement and constant loud gurgling of stomach. Few minutes after eating these gurgling would begin, so I wonder what it could be. Can you tell me possible causes of stomach gurgling? Did anyone experience something like this, because I cannot understand this simply thing just like that.

The continuous urge to have a bowel movement and gurgling is known as tenesmus. There are various causes including inflammatory bowel disease, anorectal abscess, and infectious colitis, which are infection of the colon. Cause of this might be and colorectal cancer or tumors and radiation proctitis or colitis, that refers to an inflammation of the colon or rectum from radiation. Inflammatory bowel disease increases the sensitivity of the bowels and can contribute to gurgling as your symptoms. That is why I would suggest some kind of endoscopy, either a colonoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy. This might help you to evaluate for any of the diseases I mentioned as cause of your stomach gurgling. Regarding the continuous gurgling of the stomach, I cannot say for sure without examining you. You should know it is also possible that is various forms of dysepesia. Follow up with your personal physician is essential, and you could make an appointment as soon as it is possible.

Looking at this post, I hope i still get a response, it is an old post.  My stomach gurgles so loud, it actually wakes me up at night, I have gas build up, not solid bowel movement. its stops for a few days when i take either pepto bismol or imodien but as soon as it wears off the noises, the bowel movement begins.. Am i eating to fast? yes i went to the doctor twice, the first time it was some kind of bacteria and i took some antibiotics and it seemed to work but after i ran out and few weeks later, it all started again, I went again, another stool sample and blood test and this time, nothing in my stool sample or blood test. I told the doctor, im still having issues, they only say come in to reevaluate. I think they just want my co-pay, I hate the fact i cant just jump to another doctor, I got to give them money for them to refer me to a gastrologist most likely.

I read some peanut butter could help but with all the bacteria found in that, I don't trust peanut butter.. Help me please..

Hi I am 24 years old I have the same problem you do I don't know why this is happening.this started. A month ago.

It could be what you are eating. it could be IBS- Irritable bowel syndrome.. go see dr..