I've read countless posts about girls experiencing burning after sex and all the possible causes it could be but my question is could it be me? Because it has happened to many girls Ive slept with so I doubt they all have problems. ANd plus they al tell me it has only happened with me. Its usually when I have unprotected sex, the girls vagina will burn the next day. Even if I dont ejaculate inside the girl many times she will be burning afterwards. I keep myself very clean and I have no STDS. Any ideas what this could be? My current girlfriends doctor just told her our body chemistries are different. That seems odd. Or is there something about my body chemistry that does this to girls? I need help!

It's odd that it would happen to many girls. You can't all have different "body chemistries."

Do you think it could be an issue with sufficient lube? Perhaps you are also a bit larger than their previous experiences, or have a different technique and that is what is causing the burn.

Basically, I'm thinking a "mechanical" rather than a "chemical" issue.

Hope that helps.

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in just incase someone with the same problem is reading this! Some men's semen has higher ph and can actually cause a reaction with women. My sister was ALERGIC to my brother inlaws sperm! For them to be able to have a baby, he had to have his sperm "Washed" then implanted! So perhaps its the same thing!

I've also read about the PH balance issue. I'm thinking that is maybe what it is. Could it possibly be that maybe my body has a general high PH level? And just that alone is causing this? Like I say it doesn't matter if I ejaculate or not. So maybe my skin or sweat has a high PH level! Or maybe like medic-dan said its more a "mechanical" rather than a "chemical" issue. I just dont know!!! I think I'll try to test my PH.

I've also read about the PH balance issue. I'm thinking that is maybe what it is. Could it possibly be that maybe my body has a general high PH level? And just that alone is causing this? Like I say it doesn't matter if I ejaculate or not. So maybe my skin or sweat has a high PH level! Or maybe like medic-dan said its more a "mechanical" rather than a "chemical" issue. I just dont know!!! I think I'll try to test my PH levels.

I suspect that before you get your pH levels checked that you try having sex with your girlfriend using some lubricant. I don't think that you're using enough and that can really help with the burning. Why don't you try that out first and if it doesn't work then try the pH levels? I think that's what could be causing your problem more than anything. Let me know what you think!

Hi Gwerty: You have stated that this has happened with EVERY girl, so it is VERY unlikely that it is mechanical or size etc. Because every girl is different anyway. So I'm a great believer in bringing it down to the lowest common denominator which would be the PH! Also I'm sure you know that you don't have to ejaculate to have sperm on your penis! So even precum or ANY sperm at all - which is TOTALLY possible with the dynamics of actually having sex, would cause this reaction. The only way to stop this from happening is to wear a condom ALWAYS - not only for your health but the girl you are with too!!! And for you to use a water based lubricant. Also wear a latex free condom, more and more people are alergic to any latex. And if you don't use a water based lubricant - such a vaseline - it actually breaks down the condom!!!! So pretty sure it's that, and since your single and fancy free ;-) XD There's really no use for you to get the test, until you are ready to settle down and be exclusive and are trying to have a baby. Just know that you are TOXIC!!!!! LOL ;-) o.O XD XD So don't worry too much about it OK? Good luck and health!

Thanks for every ones help! I'll try the lube and see what happens. @bambi27 - I hope I'm not toxic!!!

;-) ;-) XD ;-) Maybe the girls just say that!!!!!! LOL ;-) XD That's the ultimate date killer isn't it?!!!!! LOL Good luck and health!!

im so tired of ppl saying "ur not using enough lube"... theres something in these mens penises and sperm that is burning our vaginas. i swell most of the time, become red, tender, and burn, after every bout of sex. no we dont have std's. no i dont have a uti, no i dont have a problem at all with "lube" i wet my sheets up everytime! no, the sex is not rough! im also tired of hearing "he's too large"...dudes, babies with HEADS come out of the vagina! women who have this burning problem with their mate and are clean, with lube... u must be allergic to his semen.... or theres gotta be something else other than this "lube" issue. PLUSS!!! its a mega major problem if it hasnt happened during sex with ANYONE ELSE. if its a ph issue, so be it, but im so tired of hearing about lube and "he's large"...

Hi honey! are you talking about just one guy or a couple of guys!!!? Also do you have burning or tenderness at any other time? The only thing I can think of with yourself is that you ARE allergic to something, so if you can tell me what happens "down there" when you aren't having sex? I would appreciate it and can help you further! I've already started researching it for you, so hopefully we can get you some answers! I'm sure this is an awful thing for you to go through, just one more thought - do you feel a lump in the opening of your vagina? It can be any size?

I agree with the last poster - I've tried all different lubes had sex with guys of various sizes been checked for STDs Had sex with condoms and without and I still have this burning during and after sex problem. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one but I really wish somebody out there had another suggestion I'm tired of hearing the same things and not getting any relief. Sex has GOT to feel better than this.....

Really, my gf is 15 wks preg... At first she thought the reaction was from being alegic to condoms but that's not the case.... She is having the same reaction now as she used to have when I wore them. If it was a "ph" issue then I doubt she would have had that issue while I had condoms on. What else? She gets very wet soooo not that.

I have had a similar experience with my girlfriend. I am bigger in size for her (due to the fact i'm 6'6'' and she's 5'2''). I believe it to be the water based lube we use. We used it during intercourse and he had massive pain, she was swollen and i told her to put ice in a zip-loc and wrap the zip-loc in a thin towel to reduce the swelling. Later in the week we tried it again, this time no lube and we used her saliva. She still had pain but not nearly at the same level. We havent looked at any other types of lube because i am out of state for college, but when i return for summer i will be trying out different types. If you would like, i'll post what type works the best.

i know exactly that feeling. I am a girl who has this feeling everytime after sex with my boyfriend. He is 6'3 and I am 5'2. The reason I have the buring after sex is because he is rather larger than normal guys. If you are very larger or thick, and your girlfriends are rather small then sex will rub against her area and make it raw and burn after sex. Especially when she pees or gets water on the area that is raw. This might also mean that you will have to wait until she isn't hurting anymore, could take a day or two. That's up to her really. I have to wait, or sex will not be as enjoyable.