I have a problem with my bowel movements. It has been going on for a couple of months now. Whenever I feel like passing stool. I feel like I want to and need to but it won’t go out. I sit on the toilet for ages and when I am finally done I have a feeling that my anus is all swollen and puffy and I can’t sit. What should I do? Thx in advance

Hello! You are probably experiencing problems with bowel movements due to lack of fiber in your nutrition. In order to be able to pass stool normally, you need to increase your fiber intake as well as to drink a lot of water. For the time being, you could use any of the laxatives you may get over the counter to help you get rid of the waste. If you continue like this, you may develop hemorrhoids and trust me, you wouldn’t want that!

I have this problem- and taking laxitives is the worst thing ever, the pain was so bad I almsot passed out it was worse then childbirth. But I am stuck with this problem and fear for my health because I have been unable to go number 2 for a very scary amount of time.

I thought I was constipated, so i went and bought laxatives, before I started to take them, It felt like it was too much to come out of a little place . so i was pretty sure i needed something to loosen it up, now a day later I felt no difference, but when the laxatives finally kicked in, I am in agony on the toilet, and I notice part of an area down there is quit swollen, how do I know if it is a cyst, or hemorrhoids, or just irritation? Could I not even be constipated could it be a cyst or a hernia I have no idea. Does being on mirena birth control ring a bell? Some women develope cysts, but why my bottom are? And why when I try to use the toilet?I cant figure it out, and plus I have no health insurance, and if I go to the E.R I will not be able to pay the bill. The laxatives are pushing it all out, but I'm in excruciating pain even if I'm not on the toilet, It will suddenly come and then go. I'm very scarred, and in pain, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! :'(

Keep up with the laxatives ,drink plenty of fluids ( and I mean plenty ) ,sit in a hot bath for a little while ,this will help with anal pain and cramping.
It sounds to me as if you have IBS ( irritable bowel syndrome) ,very common complaint.

Hi, I've had this happen myself, and if you do go to the hospital, they will give you a soapy water enema, which will fix you up.  I have found that a mineral oil enema (available in the store), followed by a warm soapy water (use castile soap and a full hot water bottle full), and then a aloe vera enema is EXTREMELY helpful. (I had to go to the emergency room once for this, and they gave me the soapy water enema, I added the mineral oil (it softens the stool first), and the aloe vera enema (it soothes the bowels afterwards).  Good luck...I know it's horrible.  (By the way, all of the advice about soften your stool and water and juice and all that is really helpful, and should be followed, but in the meantime, you need relief and help NOW!) 

What my friend said was right , the pains in the anus are caused by lack of fibre in ones diet, so try to drink tonnes of water, exercise and lots of veggies and fruits will do the trick. But not forgetting that during this period try to avoid masturbation because it contributes to the swelling,in a way that once one has an orgasm your anus tends to tighten and that's bad with in terms of Hemorrhoids.

I second the enema solution (pun!) described above - but paradoxically it may seem to have worsened the anal irritation when you first use it (so have some germolene handy!)