I am 37 years old and it seems that I am having some medical problem. I am not so sure if it is based on some physical cause or there is some mental issue behind it. To be honest, I think that it is this other thing. I am having a very stressful period these weeks and somehow it seems that is manifesting like a physical symptom sudden feeling of choking. It lasts for around ten minutes; I have a feeling that I cannot breath in enough air. How can I calm myself?

You do know that you must see a doctor first. Yes, there are drugs that help with stress and depression, muscle relaxants that could deal with that choking. But what exactly is the cause, doctor must determine. It is also possible that you would use both medications. I would like to suggest you not to stress that much, I mean you only have this one life, do not waste it on something or someone that does not deserve that.

Celebrity
Always important to rule out a medical cause. Now if it is anxiety related and this sounds like panic to me, you should give cbt a try. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.