I had a hysterectomy on 8/20. Beginning my 2nd week post-op, I started having stabbing pain in my back, just under the right shoulder blade. Pain is worse at night, about 2 hours after I go to bed. Nothing seems to help...tried heating pad, walking, gas-x, etc. One evening I had a low grade fever and chills (but felt fine by morning and it never happened again). Then I stumbled across a post about gall bladder problems and it sure sounds like me. I've been thinking it was gas from the surgery, but maybe I'm wrong. Have a Dr. appointment tomorrow and will be sure to ask. Is this a common thing after hysterectomy or is it just a common thing for anybody?

i just had a hysteroctmy in feburary and 5 weeks post-op i got MRSA which is a form of staph the past couple of weeks i have had the sharp shooting pains in my shoulder with the burning sensation and also the sharp stabbing pains in my side i was told that there is something after you have a hysteroctmy that with the hormone inbalance that it causes a back up in the gallbladder, they are not sure why it is related but it seems to be try cutiing all fat for a few days and see if that works but deff. talk to your dr.