I’ve been cycling to work for over a year and I feel great. Now, my company is transferring me to a new position and I’ll have to move to Seattle. As we all know the Emerald City is very rainy throughout the year and since I intend to practice cycling, I’m wondering how to cycle properly in the rain. Can you give me a few hints about that? Thanks.

Lucky you! Seattle is, despite its high precipitation rate, one of the most beautiful cities in America. You shouldn’t worry about cycling in the rain because there is gear that’ll make it easy for you. First of all, I’d advise you to carefully choose a waterproof jacket because they’re made of materials which don’t allow breathing and you can start sweating excessively. Another important thing concerns your safety – try to bi visible and wear something fluorescent. Then, your bike is supposed to have fenders in order to protect you from splashing mud. Also, since your chain must be properly oiled in order not to get rusty, bring a little can of lubricant with you and a piece of cloth to clean the chain before oiling it.