What are aromatherapy benefits? It sounds great, so I bought shower gel and candles…some other stuff, but I am not sure if it working for me.

Aromatherapy is the practice of using volatile plant oils and essential oils for physical and psychological well-being. And Essential oils are the pure “essence” of a plant and when used properly will provide both psychological and physical benefits. There are many essential oils and Absolutes, CO2s and hydrosols are also commonly utilized in aromatherapy. Those oils are very powerful and concentrated and should never be applied to the skin in their undiluted form, because when applied to the skin essential oils are believed to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Inhaling essential oils is believed to stimulate the brain to trigger a reaction. The naturally occurring chemicals in essential oil are drawn into the lungs and can supply a physical benefit, but be careful.