I have suffered all the same symptoms for years of stomach pain, extreme gas, fatigue, anxiety, temperature changes, pain in right side for years. I have endured every test there is with negative results. A few years back, a young gastroenterologist diagnosed me with Bacterial Dysbiosis which is an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine which can move into the stomach. The test was the breath test in a bag. Many people were there and had the same problem. I am given Cipro antibiotics and it always clears it up but you have to take a high quality 15 billion probiotic along with it to add the good bacteria back into the intestines that the Cipro kills. According to my doctor, sometimes you have to repeat both treatments again and as it can build up again with poor diet. Also you have to eat a no sugar, no starch, low fruit diet because the bacteria feeds on it and multiplies out of control. Also Grapefruit Seed Extract capsules is very helpful and are also used to reduce yeast in the gut. Garlic is another herb that is helpful with reducing yeast, along with other natural herbs. I believe you must take both to be cured and it takes awhile - sometimes several months to cut down the overgrowth because we often cheat on our diets. It helped me so I know it works. I did get it back again after a year but did the whole treament again.

A lot of you don't realize this but pretty much all of your digestive problems have been caused by taking antiobiotics in the first place. Antibiotics kill all bacteria in the body including the good ones that keep that bad ones in check. Once you take antibiobitcs your bacteria balance is removed allowing yeast to over grow and the hard to get rid of bad bacteria and the good guys are gone. Then its a vicious cycle you go to the DR and they give you MORE ANTIBIOTICS or drugs. Just worsening the problem and you never get better. If you think about the amounts of drugs and antibiotics you have take over your life span, not including the horrible western foods like processed sugars and carbs, preservatives, and artificial everything you've been eating your whole life, it all just feeds the bad stuff and your continue the downward spiral. Cut out all chemical drugs because they cause your body to be more acidic remove and kill all the good bacteria, and allow the bad stuff the flourish. These bad things can't live in an environment that is alkaline but love it when its acidic. The western diet and drugs only promote and increase acidity in the body and more problems. Look of natural ways to heal the body from bacteria overgrowth. Think about how much damage and how long it took for you to get to where you are. Just remember it will take time to get better with the right lifestyle changes with diet and supplements. Remember our bodies havn't changed much from 50,000 years ago and the only thing they were eating then was vegetables, meats, nuts and fruits. Cut out the rest of the c**p we have now included inour diets and watch the difference from how you feel with some time. Remember, NO ARTIFICIAL OR PRESERVATIVE ANYTHING. These cause cancers and diseases.

Matt, sounds like you have Gastroparesis. I just found out I have it. It is when your stomach does not function normally and your food does not go into the small intestines. From this I also have Bacterial Overgrowth, the bacteria in my small intestines from the Gastroparesis. Check this out and look it up. I thought I had a bum Gallblatter, but this is what I have and I have horriable gas, burping, I fall asleep after most meals due it it playing havoc with your blood sugar. This is what I have, and Im sure you are in the same boat. I just started treatment, I hope you look into this. YOU MUST see a GOOD GASTRO. SPECIALIST. If this dr could not tell or did not give you various test such as Cat Scan, UltraSound, he is not a very good dr in my opinion. They need to look at your stomach, blood work is not a good test to see what is going on inside your stomach. Good luck!

Hello my name is jeremy ..... and these days all doctors want to do is prescribe you something and send you on your way. Let me tell you the antibiotics thy are giving your husband is deff. going to make him worse. Antibiotics kill of your body's natural biotic and can lead to much worse things to come. Look it up, another thing is to check into candida. Doctors dont study it so they wont believe you when you tell them you think you have it but its something serious look that up too. You should have him stop eating sugar and carbs..... look into candida it sounds alot with what he has and theres alot of stuff to help

Matt (et al), After 6 years of doctors and untold testing, I found out I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) thru a hydrogen/methane breath test. Severe bloating, gas, pain, extreme fatige (and we have 8 kids and a business!), and can hardly eat due to fear of the symptoms; and then depression from feeling like (knowing, really), that "something" is desperately wrong. Other related issues: lacking digestive enzymes (supplements - Nuzymes, helped me to eat again); probiotics also helped greatly; low iron, B12, D - supplements are helpful; highly sensitive to yeast. Dr gave me Dicyclomine to ease the spasms - is helpful. Xifaxan (antibiotic) treats SIBO in the small Intestine - but it didn't make mine go away, perhaps since it's been such a long trial.

I'm doing MUCH research on it all now and here is what else I found effective, per doctors and nutritionists: Low caloric intake, reducing or eliminating carbs (pasta, rice, bread), low fruit intake, no sugars, esp "fake" sugars - fructose, corn syrups, no prepared foods, no starchy veggies. Apparently, there are natural anti-biotics that are effective and I am about to try myself: garlic, golden seal, and others). GOOD LUCK AND MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL OF YOU!

dawn

I finally after 4-5 years of acute symptoms and another 4-5 years of coming and going, milder symptoms: over the last year, i became so ill and tired that I worked only 10-15 hours a week and slept or just lay down for the day, getting depressed that I was unable to work up the energy to even shower, let alone go to a movie or do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! Because my symptoms included weight gain,and I had not been out of the country in about 12 years, I was dismissed over and over by every single doctor I saw. I became convinced that I had a bacteria or virus but only after threatening my doctors with contacting the CDC did I finally begin to get tested for multiple viruses, that then all the tests (endo and colonoscopy, urine, blood, stool and breath) all came back negative! Still convinced I was infected, I decided to lie to the newest round of dr's, telling them I did travel out of the country! I finally was referred to an infectious disease specialist who did more in-depth (than the standard) blood, urine and stool samples. She found I had H-Pylori and I was treated with a round of antibiotics called Prev-pack. I almost immediately had energy and felt great, but a few weeks after finishing, the severe abdominal pain, brain fog, vomiting, heart palpitations, inflammation, moods/ change in personality, bizarre food cravings (any bad carb or spoonfuls of sugar!) that would wake me out of sleep to eat, loss of menses, vision and sleep disturbances, rapid hair loss, severe acne, diarrhea, random food intolerances, vitamin deficiencies, sinus infections and bloody nose, swollen gut, facial hair growth and so on and so on and so on... they all started to reappear. Back to the GI doc. I noticed my symptoms first showed up when I came off of severe opiate pain relievers years ago.... because I broke my spine a 2nd time, I went back on them for several years, but again when coming slowly off them, I began to get violently ill: not the withdrawl type of ill, but continuous GI issues, plus others that had been dismissed as early menopause over and over again! I knew that at 38 years old when this all started that was NOT the cause but I'm not a doctor, I know my body, but... I again mentioned this to my GI after both detox's of opiate medications, that that seemed to be a factor in my body and gi tract relapsing back to all the vague multiple odd symptoms. This time it was like a light bulb going on over his head! He said that the opiates slowing down the motility in small intestine can often cause SIBO or small intestine bacterial overgrowth and/or can mask bacterial infections! He did a different breath test (first one was into a bag) with a device like an alcohol breathalyzer and it came back positive... now I had already resorted to alternative treatments of drinking a 1/2 tsp of Food Grade Diamataeseous Earth mixed with water and a couple of drops of pure organic peppermint oil during the several months interim and did notice a slight improvement in most symptoms, but after feeling so great for that short time after so many years feeling ill, I was impatient to get back to my old self, yet again! A client who cured his Lyme disease (also a bacterial infection) had been using Sodium Chlorite or MMS (used to clean drinking water for hikers as well as treat malaria) for over a year with great success! I have been waiting for over 3 weeks to get an ok for my insurance to pay for the Xifaxan and yet another 2 to find a Rx company who carries or makes this med, then waiting for it to be shipped, I am getting a bit more than impatient. Xifaxan is supposed to only/mostly work in the gi tract (unlike the other few rounds of doxy and prev packs which kill all bacteria; good and bad and caused me severe multiple yeast infections, externally and internally, thrush in my mouth and very painful staph infections in several areas on my skin!). Anyway while still waiting for relief and still suffering with the side effects, I decided to add Sodium Chlorite drops slowly to the new diet, probiotics and assorted creams, lotions and potions! I have been adding about 3 drops of Sodium Chlorite with 2-4 drops of citric acid activator into a 16 oz bottle of purified water and sipping that throughout the day. I also decided to try and treat the ongoing yeast and staph infections by rinsing the skin areas with a slightly stronger rinse (5-6 drops each) poured over infected areas, as well as daily adding 1-2 drops in a saline nose rinse. Within the last 3 days, my symptoms of yeast, staph and sinus are nearly completely cured! My other symptoms over the last few weeks have not completely gone, but are very much diminished, I believe due to both Food Grade DE with pure peppermint oil and S.C.! I just received the Xifaxan today and took first dose of 2 weeks worth, but from what I have been reading and researching, we (my partner of 10 years also is undiagnosed/neg breath tests, but showing many of the same symptoms over last 18 months) may never be rid of both the H-P and the SIBO, and just like Lyme's requires lifelong treatment, I have hope that even if the antibiotics fail to fully fix the problem, between our lifestyle changes, cautious diet (organic, low carb/sugar, only meats not fed antibiotic diet) and the maintenance of taking MMS and FGDE that we can revert back to the active, healthy lifestyle we once had! Good luck to all!

BTW: Taking yogurt and probiotics may help in early stages, but they should be H-P and/or SIBO specific (somewhat expensive) probiotic strains and organic and sugar free yogurts. But I could not eat enough yogurt to cure my bacterial strains, even if the only thing i ever ate again for the rest of my life, was plain yogurt! Chances are, if you are sick enough to be reading this, you're too far gone.... of course, it wont hurt and during and after antibiotic treatments it may keep you from getting all the other infections I got, but since starting prev pack months ago, I have been eating yogurt minimum of 2x a day with multiple probiotics 2-5x a day and I still got yeast, thrush and staph. Also I began showering several times a day, hand washing and every other skin care but still got the side effect infections common in antibiotics... so even if you can find a doctor who is open enough to listen seriously to you and your symptoms, and is willing re-test after false results, negative test results are much, much more common than getting a true positive result! These are only my experiences and I hope I can help even one person from going through the years of suffering and dismissive doctors that I went through. My experience may be much more extreme, as I noticed, what turned out to be somewhat common symptoms 8-10 years ago. But both myself and my doctors, did not tie many symptoms to a bacterial infection and other doctors were very quick to dismiss me as getting old (38 is old?!? menapausal old?!?) treat the symptom but not fix the cause! Learn to be your best advocate with your health, it truly is your most valuable possession! Other than the random vomiting and stomach upset I originally noticed 10 years ago, I also went to a speech therapist because I had what I thought to be a severe strain in my voice and was unable to sing anymore (was a musician and performer for many years prior to this) I was treated finally for acid reflux (another symptom) but not the bacteria that was causing the acid which was eating away my vocal chords and causing the stomach upset! My point is to treat the actual illness and not just the symptoms... anyway... best of luck and I will keep you all posted as to the effectiveness of the Sodium Chlorite (so far so, so unbelievably well!) and the Food Grade Diamataeous Earth with peppermint oil (also pretty good!) both with no side effects so far and feeling a heck of a lot better!!