A friend told me about this website, and I can do with some advice, so I hope that I came to the right place. My husband was just recently diagnosed with diabetes. He probably suffered from the condition for years, without realising it, and the diabetes explains his gradual weight gain. Among other treatment steps, my husband has now started a special diet for weight loss. I heard somewhere that diet supplements can help speed up the weight loss process. What do you think about this? If you agree that diet supplements are a good thing, do you have any particular diet supplements to recommend?

There are vitamins that can encourage weight loss, but I am not sure if they would be seen as diet supplements, and neither do I know if these vitamins can be used in conjunction with diabetes and diabetes medication, so you would have to talk your health care provider about this, I am afraid. They say Vitamin B1 helps weight loss, as far as I can remember, and there are a few more. Do mention it to your doctor!