(skip to paragraph 2 to skip introduction). so basically im a 21 year old male and i have been gradually increasing my drinking the last few months (about 5). it has now gotten to the point where i get back from my weekly 3 day job (fishing, and im sober for the most part). and then ill go home, shower (as quickly as possible) and then start drinking

once i start drinking i cant stop and i basically blackout for the next 4 days (usually waking up at someones house who i hardly know, thinking "where the f* am i?") only to barely make it to work on time let alone sober. i know its obviously a problem and i am seeking help. but my question is has anyone been down this road (or worse)? and where did you end up and how (if you stopped it)?

i believe your answer will greatly help me so any response is appreciated. thanks!

Hey man how's N it going? I'm sorry that you are going through this but happy that you realize you need some help.... so what got you started drinking like this? My aunt is a recovering alcoholic and I have seen her go through all sorts of things. I know it won't be easy for you but happy you are doing it .

hows it going? um its actually going really well this week i havent drank in 5 days (2 days with alcohol available) and im booking an appointment with a counselor tomorrow. but the reason is probably cos i know ill miss court tomorrow and end up in a very dire position.

what got me started? well i could name a few things but i think what plays on my mind the most is that when i drink i feel like im somebody, and if i dont im just like some guy thats just existing with no actual life goals and that life really isnt going the way i planned... which is literally 99% of the population. (like everyone i know is not doing what they said they were gonna do back in high school.)

thanks