Hello. I'm middle aged female. Just recently I have noticed some strange symptoms that made me visit my gastrologist.
You see, first thing I've noticed as changes in my bowel habits. I have always had regular bowel movements every day, and these last couple of weeks all this changed. But the trigger for my visit was definitely on moment when I saw blood in my stool!
Gastrologist determined that I have a small polyp in my colon and told me that no treatment is necessary for now but if I notice any other changes- I should contact him immediately. I'm pretty frightened because I don’t know what to expect. What is the treatment of these larger colon polyps!?

Hello. I must tell you that, although it really sounds serious, colon polyp is really almost harmless condition. Colon polyps are growths that develop in the colon or the rectum and the real cause of most colon polyps is not known.
There are several risk factors for developing these colon polyps. First, chances of developing polyps increase as you get older. Heredity also plays an important role. Most colon polyps do not cause any problems and they require no treatment.
If surgeon decides to remove it then they can usually be removed painlessly using the colonoscop. If polyp is bigger then an operation is sometimes necessary!