Hello, i had my tonsills removed on 4/17/09, today is day 10 for me. I had been doing alot of searching on the internet for the answer all the stoners are looking for. For what i have read smoking is different for each person some report some bleeding some dont, so i guess there is a risk on that. BUT then theres the vaporizer most of the things i read indicated that was the way to go so i tried i. Day 2-4 i vaporized, (5,6,7, ran out it sucked!!!!!!). Day 8-9 i vaporized evrything ok. Until today this morning 4/26/09 about 12:17am i woke up bleeding i did the whole gargle with cold water it worked at first but every 15 to 20 minutes it would bleed, i devloped a huge clot, i had to get my right side cauterize once again. It suxs but is not as bad like the first time since it was only a little bit. I think that i didnt bleed because of the vaporizer, but since marijuana makes your mouth dry and since the scabs where falling down made had cause it to dry it too much and open up during the night. I Hope this is helpful if you do decide to smoke or vaporize.

Hello:
Your recovery will not be smooth or complete as long as you are complicating things by smoking marijuana. Most people are misinformed about the harmful chemicals in marijuana. The truth is that there are more harmful chemicals in marijuana than there are in cigarettes. These are poison chemicals that you are exposing your vulnerable throat tissue to. This is so hazardous to your health. Think about these facts and make an informed decision. I really hope that you have a positive support system that will walk you thru these things. I hope that you will be feeling better soon...Let us know.

Wow you must be a huuuuuuge pot lover to even FEEL like smoking that soon after! I'm on day 9 and I'm just starting to feel the itch as I'm now almost pain free, thinking about trying a nice big icy ice bong tomorrow night...but yes, cotton mouth is what i was worried about, not so much the "chemicals" which I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with dsdesk about...don't even start with saying marijuana is more chemically compounded than cigarettes, besides which marijuana is mostly the bud of the plant, not the leaf, so it contains far less carcinogenic tar, and NO nicotine! Anyway, back on topic: Yesterday (day 8 for me) i took 2 THC pills because I need to start eating more but am having trouble with eating because I LOVE spicy food and that's something I can't have right now, so stuffing myself full of bland soups and mashed potatoes has been really difficult. I did get cotton mouth but I'm already waking up every 4 hours to take pain medication and drinking water constantly, so I didn't really notice any negative effects from the THC pills (in fact I loved them, great body/head buzz, no coughing!). That's really my biggest fear, coughing after hitting the bong. But I've coughed a few times, had to clear my throat a lot, etc. and I haven't had any bleeding at all.

In any case, I'm going to *TRY* not to actually inhale any smoke until after the 2 week mark, as I was told by my doctors.