I am a 41year old woman and have recently started to gain weight, i also feel bloated after food, i had my gall bladder removed 4 years ago and have not really felt 100% since. I have got to the point where sometimes i make myself sick just to relieve sluggish feeling i have. I also get very tired and find things an effort. Please can some one give me some answers.

Have you adjusted your diet since the gall bladder removal (cholecystectomy)? While the liver does deliver bile in a steady flow in the absence of the gall bladder, it is sometimes not enough if a high fat diet is practiced. A low fat diet may help relieve your symptoms.

There may be other reasons for bloating and abdominal discomfort after cholecystectomy. The most common reason after any abdominal surgery-is post surgical adhesions or motility problems of the bowel. Motility problems are usually seen in the immediate post-surgical period, and generally resolve. Adhesions, or intra-abdominal scars, are a later complication of abdominal surgery, and can cause recurrent difficulties.

The treatment for digestive problems after cholecystectomy of course depends on the reason for the problem. The options are too numerous to detail. As I mentioned, you may want to try a low-fat diet. I suggest discussing your problem with your doctor.