please read and respond....i just finished my first year in college, i have a very athletic background and never smoked before college. i began to smoke around christmas time and finally realized im broke and cant afford to buy anymore....(expensive in the north east)... i started out college completely against smoking weed then was convinced to try it. after the first time i got high i loved it like everyone else, and eventually bought for the first time. i began to become something that would have been mind blowing 6 months ago. i was addicted to weed. typically, in the past two months, i would go through a quarter ounce a week (give or take a day or two)... i exercise daily if not every other day. i am only 160 lbs and have been using weed because i feel normal while im high and the highs only last for 30 min maybe, however if i wake and bake, i tend to find my day go by a little easier. I'm not sure if anyone understands this but weed helps me focus througout anything i do. i can literally smoke play golf or basketball the same if not better. My daily schedule would pretty much be this... wake and bake, class for a few hours, smoke again after classes, then find somewhere to smoke later that night with my friends. i dont want to end up like some of the stories i have read on here. today was the first day i took a break in two months (i know im a rookie). today i felt fine until i realized it was friday night and im in college. i decided to stay in and am bored as hell. i still get hungry, however, like many, i cant sleep. those currently are my withdrawal symptoms and nothing happens out of the ordinary (physically or mentally) when i am high... i really do believe weed should be a vitamin, or something of that nature because i feel 10x better when i am high even if im not high anymore and smoked early in the day.

what do u think i should do as far as smoking?
is this how anyone else started?
do u think physically anything will get worse if i continue to smoke?

Happened to me. Smoked once, wasn't much fun, but okay. Second time, a lot of fun. Then I just smoked every day (practically) before school and the highs kept getting worse.

Eventually I ran out of money and I needed to give it up. It was my own little "rock bottom". I think you just need to do whatever you can to try to give it up. After the first three days, it gets easier is all I can give you.

I would like to point out to you that although you think that weed helps you focus better, it is physically impossible for that to be the case. What weed does instead is gives you the feeling that you focus better. You are capable of more intense concentration, but really you're not actually able to perform better. Weed has now become a bit of a dependency thing for you if you need it to feel better, and I know a lot of people say you cannot get addicted, but the science tends to disagree. Physically, you can develop panic attacks or anxiety disorders, and if you continue to smoke it'd be just like if you were smoking cigarettes with the possibility of getting emphysema or lung cancer. Does this help? Is this what you were looking for?

dude the only advice i can give to you is SAVE YOUR DAMN MONEY.

i have been addicted to weed for 7 years now.  ruined myself ,have no friends cuz im too antisocial, cant focus, CANT EVEN BARELY frikkin EAT WITHOUT A JOINT FIRST. (this annoys me so much)

im on welfare.

continue school, keep on living like yuve always had before weed while its still frikkin clear in your mind , go out and run, dance whatever , DONT BUY ANOTHER OUNCE OF WEED CUZ IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE (tolerance & addiction) you sound just like me 5 years ago:|  :(

Bro your my hero for those words.

been smoking for 2 years now (im 18) i spend more than i should on it but i know if i run out thats it for 2 weeks and when im high everything i do is just more fun even surfing the net for laughs is better and the high last for ages with me (compared to powders anyway lol) i think if you think about the effect of being stoned you feel les stoned than you are giving you the feeling you need to smoke more (in that case i just smoke a rolly). when i am sober like now i find the things i do stoned are REALLY boring being sober but i am sooo much more talkative when im sober than im stoned because i like to think more when im stoned than being sober and i started coz i wanted to and i have never regretted  smoking the magic green dragon. people who says they are addicted to any drugs are just weak minded and pussys  

i doubt your addicted to weed, you just love it like a fat man would love a bacon cheese burger. addiction is completely something else, there is a reason why people say u cant get addicted to weed, its cuz u simply cant, its not crack or heroine, now thats addiction those drugs u just cant quit like that if u do you will most likey go into withdraws or even death, you just love weed bro, thats it. Its not addiction its pure love of the feelings u get while high, if thats addiction then i guess we would have to call food a addiction for fat people lol. buts its not they just love the feeling they get when eating. weed will never send u to the hospital. but u will get hungry xD and be stress free. been smoking for 5 years now and i usually smoke a quarter in a week or more (thank god for happy hour in the medical shop) all bong hits or use element joins made of rice paper. and remember its not about quantity its all about quality, A class weed.

You are as wrong as a person has ever been in the history of the world. Where did you get your information? I am betting it was just made up.

Bro thank you for honesty you just kind tell me what I need to hear who knows if save my life. Thank you.