My name is Aaron.

I've been smoking herb since I was about 17 although I tried it once at the very young age of 12.

Since I was 18 I've dived deeply into drugs, including being completely hooked on meth for nearly 2 years. I've been clean from the meth for at least 4 years now, however, it really seems harder to quit smoking weed.

I've had periods of time where I was very clean and healthy even after dropping the meth. However, within the last year, I've started to be very lenient with my pot usage which has led to near daily usage. Well within the last month, I've been depressed whenever I smoked. It was strange, but despite the craving and smoking to assuage it, it was very reminiscent of my meth days where I would go like a lab rat to wherever the it was and just live in a box, high, if that makes any sense. FORTUNATELY, I'm able to see things in this perspective because I can tell the people I do this with just don't seem to get it.

Anyway, even though weed isn't as destructive as meth, being addicted to something is no way to live! Smoking pot on a near daily basis has been preventing me from living my life to it's fullest potential. I've checked myself into counseling to get help with quitting. The past three days have been a b***h filled with depression, irritability, confusion, insomnia, funky appetite, and other less desirable moods. And although with each day I'm feeling a little bit better I still have cravings and funky feelings. I know all it would take to make me feel better is to toke it up and just f-it. However, at this point, I've been making conscious decisions to pass it up and in the end just feel alot better and gain confidence.

I'm sure most people feel they don't need to do counseling, especially for pot, but I think it's a valuable tool in helping you learn about addiction and how to deal with it. There are so many people I know that tell me they are not addicted to pot yet they smoke it everyday. They've gotta be kidding me.

Our minds our powerful things, and when we're constantly putting sh*t in our bodies that hurt the brain, it causes us to be less of who we are. Personally, I don't want to live like that anymore. I want to develop emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically and I feel like smoking pot all the time is a huge hindrance if not makes it impossible. Sometimes regular feelings and emotions are hard to deal with, but it makes us stronger to deal with them properly rather than smoking weed to make a pleasurable sense of it all. In other words FEEL the pain or the happiness. Don't let weed make you numb to it all.

I've found that there are many things you can do to help over come the screwed up feelings you can get from quitting. Exercise is big! It get's your endorphines going and is healthy for you. Go running or go for a walk. Get involved in some kind of athletic activity. Martial arts is great. Bikram yoga will clean you out and make you feel good. Hang out with people who do not smoke it. It's important also.. You can force yourself to think positively when you're thinking negatively. It's even wise to avoid certain foods that can cause you to feel like sh*t.

However theres no way to fully escape the withdrawls... Just have to pay the price for a bit, ya know?

Hope I could help!

Aaron

I think it all comes down to that old adage, "Too much of anything can be a bad thing." I have tried most drugs, and have relatively few problems with them. Weed is fun, but it should be spaced out. If you smoke it everyday, you may not necessarily get addicted. That being said, when I smoked it heavily for a while last year, it caused me to become more lethargic and kept my thoughts cloudy until I was clean for a few days. You also burn through more to get high when you develop a tolerance. I haven't smoked in two weeks, and before that I went without for about three weeks. If I smoked even just a bowl of the kush I have sitting around, I would be high as a kite.With drug use, it is imperative that you keep them from becoming too big an element in your life. Don't make plans around them or too many plans for them. If you let them become too influential, then it increases your odds of being caught by parents, bosses, or sober co-workers. Most people like to talk about things that interest them, and you could potentially let it slip or even just alert others with the frequency that drug-related conversations take place.