My husband and I have been trying to have a child for 5 years almost six now. I have a very irregular cycle that is almost near impossible to predict which has complicated things quiet a bit. Recently over the last two weeks I have noticed that my breast are very tender and sore, i have had to urinate almost twice as much as normal, and I have been having cramping but no period. I took a home pregnancy test but it showed negative. Is it possible that I got a false negative or maybe that it is too soon for a home pregnancy test to be accurate. I don't really know when my next period had planned on arriving so I dont know haw to calculate the days.

Please help!
Hopeful and confused :?

Dear Leigh: It's funny I just did another posting telling a young lady that her symptoms weren't the signs of pregnancy that sore breasts were one of the 1st signs, and cramping - dull ache in the pelvic region, the thighs, buttocks and back! And yes the test might be false, because each day that goes by of being pregnant your HCG levels - pregnancy hormones - increase. So you might be pregnant, but the levels aren't high enough yet to read. It is really hard to determine when you are pregnant, due to irregular periods. So I would say hang tight for say 2 more weeks and then take a test. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!! and please keep me updated OK?

It sounds to me like you may possible be pregnant. It seems to me that you just took the test too early. You will have to be patient and take the test in another week and then a week after that just to be sure that you are/are not pregnant. In the meantime, just keep trying for a baby to make sure that you don't miss any good opportunities. Keep us posted on how it goes for you. Thanks!