Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. let me introduce myself. My name is Mike I am a runner from Collingswood, NJ (Suburb of Philly) I run about 20-30 miles per week. My last big race was the Reach The Beach Relay in New Hampshire. It was a great experience and I highly reccomend it.

Here is my question. When I do hard intervals or race I get this wierd thing going on with my ears. It feels like I need to pop them after driving over a mountain pass. Efforts at equalizing any pressure differential have proven fruitless. The sensation can sometimes last for over an hour after a hard run. Thier is no pain involved and it doesn't seem to slow me down but I am curious as to what might be going on.

Does anyone else experience this or have any idea what might be going on in my nogg'n?

Mike

Hey Mike, Welcome to the forums!
I started distance running 25-yrs ago and you know, I thought I was the only one this happened to. When I really push it in a race I get that same feeling afterwards and yep, for even up to an hour. What I've attributed it always to is the deep, deep breathing of what I call "red-line" racing. And if it means I'm sucking air through my ears to breathe, all the better. It only does happen when I red-line it..almost like a litmus test to know I've pushed myself sufficiently. :shrug: