I had bunion surgery on my feet last year, since then i have been in more pain than before i had surgery. To be honest they werent actually painful before the surgery, just a pain to wear shoes and they were very bent. now my left foot feels weird and my right foot is xtremely painful.

what to do? i regret having the surgery i want to go back to being my normal super active self. They hurt so much!

Hey Guest Foot Help,

You are scaring me - I am almost 7 weeks in, just started partial weight-bearing and am having severe pain.  I have found blood since I started walking yesterday, not lots but bleeding again.  Scary huh?

I hope I continue to heal.  Did you have your surgery done by an Orthopeadic Surgeon that specializes in Foot and Ankle or a podiatrist?

My bunions were genetic and I couldn't find shoes anymore and walk without pain.  I had major surgery done but the fusion is almost healed the doctor said yesterday.  I'm calling them again even though I called this morning with a question, but now I want to know about the blood.

They are going to think that I am hypochrondiriac (sp?).  Oh well, I'm not - just nervous about complete healing.

Take care!  Cheers

Hey, i had surgery agesss ago and they said there was inflammation in the bone therefore pain but i am panicking. My feet do feel weird and not as strong as they were
Mine were hereditary And they werent so painful i just thought it might be good to have them gone. I saw a specialist in the type of surgery i am just curious why they do hurt still! ( i can overeact sometimes)

Why is it bleeding???

My incision site is not fully closed so putting a little bit of weight has caused it to bleed a bit, they said nothing to worry about unless if dripping.

Do you have any hardware in your foot, like screws, plates or pins? I've heard that these are often the cause of pain after a year or so.

yep, three screws in each foot.. :(

but its only in one foot that it hurts

I only got one done too. I am actually going to the ortho again today as the swelling just won't go down. Frustrating, no matter what I do it is not going down and looks like a Frankenstein foot or a Hobbit foot. UGLY!!!!  And, 2 screws midfoot.