I had bunion surgery about two weeks ago. I geuss during the surgery, I had a gout attack after test were done. Initially I felt alot of pressure like pain over the first three days. I knew Ice and elevating did not work for any type of relief. Once I notified and seen my foot doctor, a culture was done. No growth. I was also placed on a pill antibotic. Later and now, I am on an IV antibiotic. Well, my question is do you think the foot doctor will have to do another surgery if my foot didnt set properly? From the swelling and having my bone still lose, my foot was not about to set. Now that the swelling is down, I think my toe was trying to set from the xrays.
I am also taking two gout medications allopurinal and colchicine.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you were having difficulty with bunion surgery and I think that you might have to get another surgery done, but we'll have to see. Can you let us know what the podiatrist says?