Hi everyone,

I had a surgery to remove the bunion and the doctor also removed the lateral sesamoid bone becuase the sesamoid bone prevented the alignment of the big toe. I am concerned about the effect of the sesamoid removal. Will that cause a problem in long run? Will that cause Hullux Varus (big toe leans away from second toe)? Has anyone had this done and can anybody tell me the result?

Thanks!

dezenit wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

It caused Hullux Varus in my toe. but I also went to a podiatrist and he totally screwed up my feet. Now I have Hullux Varus on my left foot, Hullux Vargus on my right foot, and my toes are shorter on my left foot than on my right foot. Total Disaster..............see an orthopedic sugeon immediately

how is yours a year on?
I had my bunion op yesterday, they also removed my lateral sesamoid, which im not overly happy about....anyone had long term symptoms from theirs?