Hi......I had a bunionectomy on March 14, 2007. Also, had a button bunion on the left side of the foot removed and my small toe straightened. It was a hammertoe. I was walking in shoes with a split down the front after 5 weeks. Then I went to buy new shoes, and they decided I needed a size 7 W, (always wore a 6.5 Wbefore surgery), but even a 7W wouldn't accomodate a swelled left foot, so I bought a size 7 2E. The other shoe feels slightly big, but the foot that was operated on just barely fits into the shoe. (I'm talking Walking Shoes). But, my real problem is that the area around the incisions are very burny and intensely itchy!. I am elevating the foot often, and am soaking it in cool water often, without much results. Someone suggested that I had nerve damage. Does anyone know, will this return to normal? Help!!! I'm going nuts with the burning/itching sensation..............Gene

i also had a bun. ect. on my left foot and my second to straightened it was a hammertoe...that was back in march i have the stiff toe side effect and all my shoes fit but i can feel a little tightness on that foot. the incisions do burn from time to time and itch but i use cocoa butter on them and that usually keeps them soft and less irratable. i am very unhappy about the stiffness though it can uncomfortable at times.