Hi, i had a bunion removed (Austin bunionectomy surgery) at the end of June 2006. Its now the end of January 2007 and i´m still experiencing some swelling, tenderness and tightness in the joint when I walk. I sleep with my foot elevated and I wrap my foot when the swelling gets bad. Is this normal? My doctor told me that healing could take up to one year...But up to what point should I be feeling this pain and discomfort? Please help :'(

hi, i had my austin Jan 30, 09. i also had a hammer toe, and a toe straighting, both toes were fused and i have a k wire in big toe. i am still numb and swollen. and i am requesting that the k wire be removed as soon as possible, it does bother me alot. my doctor ordered physical therapy 2xweek for 6 weeks, and i have foot exercises to do at home. i think the PT is iimportant and its not too late to ask your doctor. yes i was also told it can take up to a year to completey heal. good luck.